Portal Style Edit Help

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
Baldwonder

Portal Style Edit Help

Post by Baldwonder »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.1
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

PHP Version: 3.0.2

What have you done before the problem was there?
1. Installed Portal onto Custom style (Black Pearl) - Error Message
2. Uninstalled Portal
3. Re-Installed Portal For Prosilver style - Works Perfectly

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
I have tried to edit many different files in the "Black Pearl" style to try and get it to display correctly, nothing seems to work.

I have Kept a back up of all the original files with the fresh install of the portal inorder to make it easier for people to aid me.

Description and Message
Hi, Firstly i must say i love this MOD, it is exactly what i was looking for and works great. I Just am just having a problem getting the portal to display correctly on the custom style i am using. Im am fairly new to PhpBB and coding in general. However in a short time i have installed an number of simple mods on my phpBB forums and on my localhost for testing so i know a little.

I am Using the style Black Pearl - recently downloaded from phpBB.com The portal does function with the style to an extent but not very well and it does not seem to be displaying properly. The problem i am having is that it doesnt seem to be based entirly on Prosilver or Subsilver but a mix of the 2 and a few other changes the author has done. If someone could please help me get this all working correctly or point me in the right direction i would be very thankful.

Baldy - if you need any more info please ask and ill do all i can to help you help me. thanks

MichielM

Re: Portal Style Edit Help

Post by MichielM »

Can you make a screenshot of how the portal is displayed with black pearl?
it would help to get an idea of what/where the problem(s) might be.

Greetings M.

Ice
Former Team Member

Re: Portal Style Edit Help

Post by Ice »

I've got it looking like http://tcoa.co.uk/test/portal.php?style=3 is that what you're aiming for?
Board3 Portal Dev & English Tech Support

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”