PHPBB Mods

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
tring2200

PHPBB Mods

Post by tring2200 »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.0RC3
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: No
Your knowledge: Beginner
Boardlink: http://shadowsanddust.game-server.cc

What have you done before the problem was there?
This is a basic question

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
This is a basic question

Description and Message
Just a quick question, is it possible to install any of the version appropriate mods from PHPBB on the Board3 Portal? I have PHPBB3 with Board 3 running the Black Pearl Style.

I am not afraid to get my hands dirty with editing (though I would rather stay away from database editing) but I don't want to break anything either.

The mods I would like to install would be things like (still looking for ones I like):
A shout box in the center area
a chat room in the right side
a calendar I can add events to

This is going to be a guild site for Everquest, nothing more. This site is not live yet and under testing with a few members before we go live.

Thanks,
Tim

thomas.d
Former Team Member
phpBB.de User: thomas.d
phpBB.com User: thomas.d

Re: PHPBB Mods

Post by thomas.d »

tring2200 wrote:... The mods I would like to install would be things like (still looking for ones I like):
A shout box in the center area
a chat room in the right side
a calendar I can add events to[/i]
Hi Tim,

from my own experience the Board3 Portal runs with no problems with Pauls "Ajax Shoutbox" (which is discontinued), and it runs smoothly with alightners calendar mod (currently Alpha 0.0.8, but very far developed and very useful).

As far as I know also Handyman's Chat works fine.
Viele Grüße

Thomas

Deutsche Sprachdateien für
[Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.8 (alightner) | [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC8 |
ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0 |

Topic author
tring2200

Post by tring2200 »

Thanks, will any of the phpbb mods work in this portal?

I am going through them and see a few that may benefit my site.

I really appreciate this, I am new to this all.

Tim

thomas.d
Former Team Member
phpBB.de User: thomas.d
phpBB.com User: thomas.d

Post by thomas.d »

tring2200 wrote:Thanks, will any of the phpbb mods work in this portal?
Hm, you are dealing with computers and software ...

Will any graphics card and its appropriate driver work with your Dell Latitude with Windows XP Pro SP 2 and firewall and anti-virus and anti-spyware programs?

By design of the phpBB3 core system authors should be able to create mods, that will work on almost any configuration (don't forget to read the "almost" thing ...)

In the real world there are occuring problems with mods which interfere each other or causing problems. These are usually discussed in the mod's thread on phpbb.com.
Viele Grüße

Thomas

Deutsche Sprachdateien für
[Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.8 (alightner) | [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC8 |
ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0 |

DianaRae

Post by DianaRae »

tring2200 wrote:a calendar I can add events to
This is going to be a guild site for Everquest, nothing more. This site is not live yet and under testing with a few members before we go live.
Thanks,
Tim
Hi Tim,

I use board 3 portal too. It's by far the best. I also have a guild in Everquest & needed a way to add events to the calendar. I had installed alightners. It works great, but it doesn't add events & from what I have read, he doesn't plan to.

I took alightners out and changed to the topic calendar at livewiremods: http://www.livewiremods.com/mods/viewforum.php?f=1 and have been using it on my board. You would want the newest version for phpbb3 : Fresh Install v1.0.0b3+ [phpBB3] http://www.livewiremods.com/mods/viewto ... ?f=2&t=140

In fact, they just designed the portal block for Board 3 for the front of the site to show upcoming events. This, of course, can be added after the mod is installed. I just read that Kevin (from board 3) is working on a install file for the block too. http://www.livewiremods.com/mods/viewforum.php?f=22 There are a few little bugs on the "block" still which are being worked out as we speak.

If you are interested in see this calendar in action you can go to my test site: http://www.dianarae/anortest/
and if you want to go to the "raid sign up" area you can even make a post. login: testaccount pw: testaccount

I actually added another mod called "support ticket" as well and modified it so our raid masters could just "fill in the blanks.

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Post by Kevin »

Just "released" the first package for the first beta: http://www.livewiremods.com/mods/viewto ... p=888#p888

And opened a topic here aboard. :)
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

Topic author
tring2200

Post by tring2200 »

Thanks for all your work here. I think because I am using the Pearl Black style I am having an issue, when I install I get the error message saying that the language file calendar.php is not found. I have made the file changes and copies to both directories (prosilver and black pearl) and this did not help either.

I am going to try to find it in the code, thanks I really appreciate your hard work, this looks exactly like what I am looking for.

Tim

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Post by Kevin »

What calendar are you talking about?
If it is the topic calendar, and you are receiving problems with the portal block for it, please post in the thread i've linked in my post before: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1291
If you are receiving problems with the calendar itself, please ask in the calendar developers forums for help.
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”