Install error.

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
CocoVFR

Install error.

Post by CocoVFR »

Hello.
After a first try of installation, i make the change in install.php that make it running.
But after i launch the install, i've this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: adm_back_link() in g:\web\sitetest\forum\includes\acp\acp_modules.php on line 768
What's wrong ?

P.S. I've totally translate in French the board, but some word that i don't find a correct translation. How to submit files to you when finished ?

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Re: Install error.

Post by Kevin »

Strange error.
Sure you have done all changes correctly?
Do you receive this error only in the ACP? If so, please check your changes to the adm/index.php.
Is it a fresh phpBB 3.0.1 installation, do you have other mods installed?

Regarding your French translation, which is very much appreciated:
Please join the group "Translators" in the UCP.
Once you've joined the group, you'll be able to upload attachments in the international forums and post your translation there. Thank you!
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

Greylock3491

Post by Greylock3491 »

Just upgraded to 1.0rc1 (using MSSQLServer) and I recieved the same error - everything seems to work except the ACP tab was nowhere to be found. I ended up just adding the ACP modules manually - took awhile but everything seems to work there now.

Ice
Former Team Member

Post by Ice »

You may have not updated all your files back from when phpBB was an RC, I've heard others say if you update includes/functions.php then it works fine.
Board3 Portal Dev & English Tech Support

borisattva
phpBB.com User: borisattva

Post by borisattva »

i just received this very same error.

however i don't believe a phpbb3 upgrade path was of any fault.

i had 3.0.3 phpbb3 running with phpbb3portal installed with absolutely no issues.
all i wanted was to convert to a portal that is in active development.

i used the \contrib\update_phpbb3portal_122.xml instructions to the letter.
when i ran the install.php i got the above mentioned error.

i found no remedy online, so i just refreshed the same path and noticed that the uninstall option showed up.
the board seems to think the conversion went though, but when i view:
http://www.mzriders.com/portal.php i have a seemingly default-configured portal.

1) can anyone confirm if this is what the successful install should look like? (sans the install folder error, i don't want to remove that until i am confident of success)

2) since i did get the installation process to crap out on that error, can someone tell me what was not dune in the installation batch so that i can complete it manually?

3) any ideas as to why i got the error in the first place?

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Post by Kevin »

borisattva wrote:the board seems to think the conversion went though, but when i view:
http://www.mzriders.com/portal.php i have a seemingly default-configured portal.

1) can anyone confirm if this is what the successful install should look like? (sans the install folder error, i don't want to remove that until i am confident of success)
What did you expect?
I think i can confirm that you have the Board3 Portal running. If it was still the phpbb3 portal, you would have ran into several MySQL errors. And everything looks fine on you site.
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

borisattva
phpBB.com User: borisattva

Post by borisattva »

Kevin wrote: What did you expect?
i expected to be able to see everything else that is enabled by default.

since i saw the side columns, but only the 'board error' in the center, i was concerned that maybe something else had gone wrong in the install process.

i guess its just an aesthetic issue.
the "board error" in this case is really more of an "instructional warning" and the rest of the blocks in the center column could still have been displayed.

Gleuskog

Post by Gleuskog »

I got the same error and also everything by hand registered. Line 768 is an error message to be indicated is.

Code: Select all

trigger_error($user->lang['PARENT_NO_EXIST'] . adm_back_link($this->u_action . '&parent_id=' . $this->parent_id), E_USER_WARNING);
Q: What parent does not exist?
A: ?

(German Portal / Board)

Blind Dragon
phpBB.com User: Blind Dragon

Post by Blind Dragon »

The error is saying that the parent category doesn't exist for the modules to be loaded to.

I had installed another mod which removed the .MODs module from the administration control panel modules.

If you go to ACP -> system tab -> administration control panel (in left pane) -> and DONT see .MODs listed as a category then this may be what you need.

I re-uploaded the portal-install folder -> I uninstalled the portal but didn't undo any changes to the files.

I went into ACP -> system tab -> administration control panel -> create a new module (category) with no parent -> named .MODs

Then I went into phpmyadmin -> under modules -> found the entry and changed the id to 31 (my 31 was gone and replaced by the phpbb-seo mod)

Then re-upload the portal-install folder -> and re-ran the installer

This time the installer completed without any errors ;)

thomas.d
Former Team Member
phpBB.de User: thomas.d
phpBB.com User: thomas.d

Post by thomas.d »

Blind Dragon wrote:... I had installed another mod which removed the .MODs module from the administration control panel modules. ...
Hi BD,

which MOD has removed the .MODS tab from your ACP?
Viele Grüße

Thomas

Deutsche Sprachdateien für
[Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.8 (alightner) | [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC8 |
ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0 |

Blind Dragon
phpBB.com User: Blind Dragon

Post by Blind Dragon »

I don't want to suggest anything wrong with the following mod, I love the mod in fact and enjoy their forums. It could have been an error on my part as well?

I guess removed is the wrong word, seems like it replaced it. I believe it was the phpbb-seo premod.

When I looked at phpmyadmin >> modules - under id-31, it was gone, and in it's place was the phpbb-seo module.

so it went like this:
id

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”