Prosilver edit caused crash

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
jlellio5

Prosilver edit caused crash

Post by jlellio5 »

After editing the files to install the board III portal, things were working ok. However, I was utilizing another style other than the prosilver. When I switched, on my admin account, to the prosilver theme, the site stopped working, but only under this theme. However, I have a 'test' account that works with other themes. I can't get back onto my admin account to logout to switch styles, so I'm stuck.

However, none of the global announcements or news blocks, or anything in the 'center' of the page, for that matter, were showing on the other themes. I am very frustrated because I cannot recover my admin account to try to fix anything.

help!

Ice
Former Team Member

Re: Prosilver edit caused crash

Post by Ice »

Would you be able to supply us with a link to your portal? If not publicly could you please PM me? :)
Board3 Portal Dev & English Tech Support

Topic author
jlellio5

Post by jlellio5 »

well I ended up just uninstalling and reinstalling everything. However, how do I edit other styles to make them work with this portal? And is there a download for the board3 style?

Ice
Former Team Member

Post by Ice »

Depends on the style, most are based on either prosilver or subsilver2. Once you work out what it's based on then you use the edits for the respective style as well as the template files. eg if your style is based on subsilver2 use the edits in subsilver2.xml and copy the files found in subsilver2/template/portal to <style>/template/portal.
Currently the Board3 style is not available, and I don't think we will be publicly releasing it.

Topic author
jlellio5

Post by jlellio5 »

As a point of reference, I think the defining characteristic is whether or not it uses the breadcrumbs.html file? If a theme DOES have this file, what is it based on?

My portal is www.veritaslinkshell.com BUT the default style is not currently the prosilver that works with the portal, I should change that for now. Right now the default is AeroBlue.

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Post by Kevin »

If a breadcrumbs.html is present, it is definitely subsilver2 based.
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

Ice
Former Team Member

Post by Ice »

Yeh I shoulda said that in my last post sorry. :/

Topic author
jlellio5

Post by jlellio5 »

Ya, if you view the portal in subsilver, it's messed up right now.

I really appreciate the help you guys are giving me. Just need to sit down and figure out fixing the themes.

Ice
Former Team Member

Post by Ice »

The subsilver portal files are separate to the root folder of the portal in the zip file, they are in /templates/subsilver2. Make sure you upload those files to styles/subsilver2 as well as to styles/<your style>.

Topic author
jlellio5

Post by jlellio5 »

Ice, you are the man! I didn't realize that was where the other files theme files were. You definitely fixed my problem, Thank you!

Topic author
jlellio5

Post by jlellio5 »

Alright, now I have another question. I have all of the themes working properly with the portal. However, if I am logged out of my admin account, I can choose different themes to change to, but it loads the page, and does not switch from the style it's on. I have it set so that the user's style is NOT overridden by the default theme, and I have the select theme block enabled on the portal.

Ice
Former Team Member

Post by Ice »

Did you do the edit from the install file that you have to do to enable it?

Open: includes/session.php
Find

Code: Select all

if (!empty($_GET['style']) && $auth->acl_get('a_styles')) 
Replace With

Code: Select all

if (!empty($_GET['style'])) 

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”