A problem with the login box

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
calproye
Translator

A problem with the login box

Post by calproye »

Hi Kevin!, I've got a problem with the login box ( I think it's a possible bug).

There is a private forum in my portal for stuff personal only: administrators and moderators. Only these groups can see this forum and they post messages there. Well, the problem is a normal user: when the normal user is log in the portal and there are new "stuff messages" (only for stuff personal), your login box says : 3 new messages, and the user is crazy because he going to look for these posts, but he can never see them. (The incremental number for topics/posts for this forum are disabled, but in your login box, they are there.)

Are there any changes to fix this problem?

Thanks in advanced

Ice
Former Team Member

Re: A problem with the login box

Post by Ice »

This is not a bug and isn't what you think. The function used to grab the "new post" count is a built in phpbb3 function, it brings up the posts since you're last log in. It is the same as clicking the "View new Posts" link at the top of the forums index. This means that posts that you have read are still classed as "new" according to phpbb3.
Board3 Portal Dev & English Tech Support

Topic author
calproye
Translator

Post by calproye »

The different is that the forum is not saying anything about a number of new topics, the login box yes. This is the problem. You do click in new messages and the forum don't say anything about any new messages. The portal says to you: 3 new messages (for example) and I think It should be 0 new messages

Regards

Ice
Former Team Member

Post by Ice »

Board3 Portal Dev & English Tech Support

Topic author
calproye
Translator

Post by calproye »

Thanks a lot