Latest News (Max length of news article)

Current Version: 2.1.0
Released: 2015-10-26
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look at the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
HoodieWeather
Valued Contributor

Latest News (Max length of news article)

Post by HoodieWeather »

Your Portal Version: 2.1.0
Your phpBB Type: Premodded phpBB
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

PHP Version: PHP Version 5.6.10

What have you done before the problem was there?

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?

Description and Message
I'd like to see the number go up from 250 and on. I have on my portal picture then text info right under the info. If been fooling around with the numbers and when you add 300 it doesn't add nor subtract content from the main page. Now, if you write in 250 on a few lines or a line or so will be subtracted from the portal page it's self. I think it would be awesome to have no text, just image. then users can click on read more and then they can view whole post.

IE:

Right now like I said I think, I'm at 250. and that's all that it hid. I'd like to up the #.

Now here's another post.. I think it might have to do how big the ARt work is???

Now it's stll at 250 seems to take away a lot more..

Also... it would be nice to see in the future to have the portal view either become a grid style, and to have some overlay effects built right in.

Kirk
Dev
phpBB.de User: Kirk

Re: Latest News (Max length of news article)

Post by Kirk »

Go to ACP/Extensions/Portal Modules/ click for Latest news on the green cogs and change the value in Max length of a news article:

Gruß Udo

Topic author
HoodieWeather
Valued Contributor

Re: Latest News (Max length of news article)

Post by HoodieWeather »

Hey bud.. yes I've done 250 + but it doesn't seem to take away anymore text. That's why I suggested a new version of the portal that comes out whenever that you implement that into the thing. Cause at 300 there's no difference to the site.

Return to “Board3 Portal 2.1.x - English Support”