ALL recent polls, etc... Mode features

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
novanilla

ALL recent polls, etc... Mode features

Post by novanilla »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.5
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

PHP Version: 5.2.6
MySQL Version: 5.0.67

What have you done before the problem was there?
Studied Gallery modes, but not well-versed in php (yet).

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
A few code tidbits here and there, but don't want to break anything...

Description and Message
When I click on "RECENT" or "RANDOM" in the gallery blocks of the portal, I'm taken to a gallery mode page that shows a paginated view of all recent (or random) images.

I would like to make a series of fun add-ons for my portal that turns the title of most blocks of the portal into similar and separate pages.

Examples:

I would like to click "POLL" in the poll block, and have it take the user to a paginated series of all polls. I'd like to click "LATEST NEWS" and see a paginated index view (search mode?) of the latest posts. Latest members, latest calendar events, etc., all could be accomplished I'm sure.

For now, I'd just like to try this with "latest polls", as I think the hooks are already in place in the portal. How could I create separate page for: http://www.mysite.com/portal.php?mode=polls ???

If this needs to be moved to mod requests, that's fine. I'm actually looking for support to do it myself, as I'd like to do this in multiple places all over my board.

Thank you.

Topic author
novanilla

Re: ALL recent polls, etc... Mode features

Post by novanilla »

Any thoughts?

There are a number of things this would be great for. I'm just asking how I'd do ONE of them!

;-)

Topic author
novanilla

Re: ALL recent polls, etc... Mode features

Post by novanilla »

Bump?

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”