need help locating a few things and how to do something.

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
chaosguardian
phpBB.com User: chaosguardian

need help locating a few things and how to do something.

Post by chaosguardian »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.2
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

What have you done before the problem was there?

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?

Description and Message
I'm editting the theme for my guild website, the theme is coming along slowly, but while viewing the portal there are things i need to change or just add to whats there.

Let's start with what I need to add to, that is the copyright section of the Board3, I'm gonna keep the Board3 copyright, but there are a few more copyrights I need to add on the portal page. I see the {L_PORTAL_COPY} refence in the portal_body html. What file is the {L_PORTAL_COPY} is at the tells it to put what is there in the copyright in it's place at the footer.

the above probably will answer 2 other questions that dela with the menus on the portal, I wnat to rename content. help and menu that is in those particuliar menu headings.

I had visit othe phpbb portals that using the board3, the one thing that i notice that was the same on all the sites including this site, and that is the forum, I want to maintain the left and probably right menu's, so is there a way to show the forum when it's click on in the menu to show up in the center and still retain the left and/or right menu's.

I know i have more questions, but those quests got lost in my head while typing this.

Let me say out all of the portals for phpbb this portal is awsome.

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Re: need help locating a few things and how to do something.

Post by Marc »

{L_PORTAL_COPY} is inside the lang_portal.php language file.

If you want to maintain the left and right blocks in index, try using the Portalview MOD.

Topic author
chaosguardian

Post by chaosguardian »

I'm using the 1.0.5 version now.

Topic author
chaosguardian

Post by chaosguardian »

k another question is on the portal index page in the left menu it has the link to the forum. Name Board Index, would that be in the menu file or the block file.

Topic author
chaosguardian

Post by chaosguardian »

Marc wrote:{L_PORTAL_COPY} is inside the lang_portal.php language file.

If you want to maintain the left and right blocks in index, try using the Portalview MOD.
I downloaded the Portalview MOD, i editted the include/function and the overall footer. But when i was editting the overall header file the thing to find doesn't exist. this theme I'm using is based on subsilver, as much as i would love to you use a theme based on the prosilver, I just don't know how to convert a subsilver style theme to prosilver.

so how can i edit the subsilver style overall header so that this would work.

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Post by Marc »

Board Index is inside the phpBB3 language files, you are better of searching through them. I'd guess it's inside language/*yourlanguage*/common.php

Regarding the portalview MOD: There are subsilver2 instructions in the contrib folder. :roll:

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”