Trouble installing.. then removing

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
drexlin
phpBB.com User: drexlin

Trouble installing.. then removing

Post by drexlin »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.5
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

PHP Version: 3.0.7-PL1

What have you done before the problem was there?
I installed phpBB 3.0.7-PL1 the other day. I got everything working with this version, set up my forums, config settinging, etc. Then tried to install Board3 1.0.5. I followed all the instructions in the xml file. The installation (seemingly) went ok; I got a page saying to please delete the Install folder. Before doing so, I tried to get into the ACP. Got the error "The service is unavailable." So I deleted the Install folder. I was able to get into the board and forums, but still the same error on the ACP.

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
I decided to try to get back to what I had before trying to attemt the mod. I deleted the Forum folder (root), then uploaded my backup from my local machine. Same problem... I get the "The service is unavailable." error.

So, then I went into the database and deleted the one table that is added by the mod. Still didn't work. Then I tried to just re-install the mod anyway to see if that fixes the problem. Didn't work.

Description and Message
I have no idea what''s wrong. I would like to get this mod working, but if I can't, I would at least like to get my board back to the way it was before.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Re: Trouble installing.. then removing

Post by Marc »

I have never seen such an error message. Try asking on phpBB.com if they ever came across that error message and if they know what could be wrong.

You said the error stayed there even after you uploaded the backed up files, have you tried restoring a database backup?

Topic author
drexlin

Post by drexlin »

Marc wrote: You said the error stayed there even after you uploaded the backed up files, have you tried restoring a database backup?
Unfortunately, I didn't make a database backup. I thought that the only change that this mod made was to add a table. I thought that would be easy enough to delete myself.

What other updates are made to the database during installation?

Topic author
drexlin

Post by drexlin »

For anyone else that is having this problem, I asked my question on phpBB.com and got the board back to where it was before the mod.

THE ANSWER

For the record, I think my original problem was the fact that my cache, files and store folders permissions were not set to 777. Will try it now and see if it works.

Many thanks for the help!

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”