Blank forum index page

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
MayBeatle

Blank forum index page

Post by MayBeatle »

I guess I should write it in previous message.

Yes, certainly I tried to uncomment that code line by line. The only line that is not commented now is

Code: Select all

$user->add_lang(array('mods/lang_portal', 'mods/additional_blocks'));
If this line stays uncommented and all other lines stay commented then everything works fine. If only I try to uncomment first IF statement or second IF statement or both of them — the index page becomes invisible again.

I realized that this code is responsible for getting the state ot the portal (switched on or switched off). And this is just for another line in the same file

'U_PORTAL'				=> (isset($portal_config['portal_enable']) && $portal_config['portal_enable'] == true) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}portal.$phpEx") : '',
Correct me please if I`m wrong about it. But if I suppose that I`m right then I just have to change the line to this

'U_PORTAL'			=> generate_board_url() . "/portal.$phpEx",
and everything starts to work as it should work. The only wrong thing is that the link to the portal is gonna be always available even if the portal is switched off in ACP. Right? Because changing that line erases checking of the state of the portal.

Hope I made myself clear.

I solved my problem for now. It`s not completely correct but it allowed me to start the portal without loosing the index. And well, I`m still wayting for some help in complete solving my problem without changing some lines of the code. Anyway that portal works somehow for other people who install it step by step from your instruction. Right?

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Re: Blank forum index page

Post by Marc »

Please try using append_sid, i.e.:

'U_PORTAL'            => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}portal.$phpEx"),

Anyhow, I have no idea why that causes a white page. Did you try re-uploading the portal files? Maybe a file is corrupted?

Topic author
MayBeatle

Blank forum index page

Post by MayBeatle »

I have already tried that but when I used append_sid the white screen appeared again.
Did you try re-uploading the portal files? Maybe a file is corrupted?
Several times. But it didn`t help either.

Anyway thanks for trying to help me, Marc. If I find another solution I`m gonna post it here.

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”