What version to run

Whatever... 😉

Topic author
Altered
phpBB.com User: Altered

What version to run

Post by Altered »

I am currently building a new site for my gaming clan. I really like the changes in version Portal 2.0.0b1 but it is Beta. After searching the forums I see very few issues and I believe all were addressed. Is there any real concern that anyone knows of that would make it a bad decision to use it?

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Re: What version to run

Post by Marc »

Well, Board3 Portal 2.0.0b1 is still a beta, which means it still contains a few bugs and might see some more features in the development process.

If you are looking for a stable MOD for daily use, I would still use 1.0.6.

Topic author
Altered
phpBB.com User: Altered

Post by Altered »

OK thank you.

giardiniere

Post by giardiniere »

Marc wrote:... If you are looking for a stable MOD for daily use, I would still use 1.0.6.
Will it be easy and full supported upgrading to 2.00 when stable version realesed?

Marc
Dev

Post by Marc »

Of course.

giardiniere

Post by giardiniere »

Thank you Marc.
I am trying both versions and I appreciate vey much some features in 2.00 that aren't in 1.06.
When do you think a stable version of 2.00 will be avaible (more or less :oops: )?
Eventually, upgrade from 2.00 beta versions will be supported as upgrading from 1.06 to 2 version?

Marc
Dev

Post by Marc »

It depends on a few things, i.e. if we decide to add a few more features to 2.0.0 and how stable the version in general is. As always I can only tell you that it's done when it's done.

While an update from 1.0.6 to 2.0.0 is a conversion (not everything can be kept, i.e. custom blocks and custom order of blocks), all updates from the beta versions to a newer beta, RC or the stable version will just be a normal update. And of course all those updates will be supported and available.

seanf78

Post by seanf78 »

I have been running version 2.0.0b since release and it has been perfectly stable for me. The new ACP control features really make it shine and I've decided to stay with it even though it is still in beta.

giardiniere

Post by giardiniere »

seanf78 wrote:I have been running version 2.0.0b since release and it has been perfectly stable for me. The new ACP control features really make it shine and I've decided to stay with it even though it is still in beta.
Me too :D

Return to “Small talk”