Adding A Sidebar

Dyos MOD Portalview - to show up Portal blocks in the whole forum.
Dyos MOD Portalview - um Portal Blöcke im gesamten Forum anzeigen zu lassen.

Moderator: Dyo

Forum rules
Please note that this modification is not a official part of the Board3 Portal!
Bitte beachten das diese Modifikation kein offizieller Bestandteil des Board3 Portal ist!

Topic author
Hydrotoast
phpBB.de User: Hydrotoast
phpBB.com User: killaziller

Adding A Sidebar

Post by Hydrotoast »

I've traversed through the forums for a sidebar solution, and I have found topics on how to create a sidebar, but not manage dynamic data within it. So I've taken up some reading into creating templates and took a peek into the inner workings of phpBB. I've come up with a solution, but I was wondering if it could be optimized and also how I would be able to package this as an addon or plugin (First time making a mod for phpBB)?

The general theory is to create a sidebar.html in your templates/ folder and to extract code from your portal/portal_body.html for each block you desire to be in your sidebar. Afterwards, find the template variables respective to the blocks you plan to use in your sidebar within portal.php of your root folder and paste it into: viewtopic.php, viewonline.php, index.php, memberlist.php, ucp.php, etc.

I was wonder how I'd be able to load the the blocks' template vars globally in a single file rather than defining it in each page listed above. Any thoughts?

edit: Sorry if this is wrong forum, I just assumed it belongs in portal blocks

Return to “MOD Portalview - Portal blocks in whole forum”