need help installing portal and template. Will Pay

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
Gobby

need help installing portal and template. Will Pay

Post by Gobby »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.0RC3
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: No
Your knowledge: Beginner

What have you done before the problem was there?
I have set up bb3 forum. Installed ktukblack style

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
My test forum to get used to the bb3 setup. i have downloaded this portal but now i'm stuck and don't have the confidence to mess with things.

Once my new bb3 portal is setup i will convert from the old site but for now I just want to try the bb3 out.

Description and Message
I have a bb2 portal running at http://www.blackcountrygob which was set up for me some time ago however I now want to convert to bb3. I have a test bb3 forum setup with a style but I would like to install this portal as it's great however I'm a complete beginner and although I just downloaded it it's way to much for me to get to grips with right now.

Could someone offer a bit of help and upload the portal to my bb3 forum with no erors etc. I can't pay but I would be willing to add a permanent link to this forum and a site of whoever helps as long as it's suitable for a non profit community site.
Last edited by Gobby on 12. October 2008 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Gobby

Re: Help installing this portal to my bb3 forum

Post by Gobby »

Anyone willing to help a beginner out .

MichielM

Post by MichielM »

May I ask why you can not upload the portal files yourself? Or is it that you have trouble understanding the setup instructions?

Topic author
Gobby

Post by Gobby »

Ok ...update.

I have so far successfully managed to convert my phpnuke forum ----> bb3 .

I would now like to install the board3 portal as it looks great and just what i need.

I do not have a clue about coding and can just about manage to download/upload via smart ftp.

Can anyone offer any assistance at all in any area of this?

I'm willing to try and sort things myself if someone has the patience and time to walk the path with me. :lol:

Topic author
Gobby

Post by Gobby »

MichielM wrote:May I ask why you can not upload the portal files yourself? Or is it that you have trouble understanding the setup instructions?

As a complete beginner I do not feel confident enough really to be changing code etc. As I have said in my above post if someone had the time and patience to assist I would willingly give it a try but I am in need of getting my new forum up and running asap as I have 240 members waiting to use it as I have locked my old forum so that there are no differences in posts after the conversion.

:D

Topic author
Gobby

Post by Gobby »

Ok there is now a change in circumstances so please read on:
O.K. dort ist jetzt eine Änderung in den Umständen gefallen so an gelesen:

I now have a newly installed bb3 forum with no topics etc on and I would like someone to install the board3 portal onto it for me along with the ktukblack template. :D
Ich habe jetzt ein eben angebrachtes Forum bb3 ohne Themen usw. an und ich möchte, dass jemand das board3 anbringt, das auf es für mich zusammen mit der ktukblack Schablone Portal ist.

I am willing to pay a small but reasonable amount via paypal to anyone who is willing to do this for me. I am a beginner and not confident in editing code otherwise I would do this myself. I understand that this is less than an hours work for someone to do who has the knowledge. ;) :ugeek:
Ich bin bereit, aber angemessenes etwas über paypal zu zahlen jedermann, das bereit ist, dies für mich zu tun. Ich bin ein Anfänger und nicht überzeugt in redigierendem Code anders würde ich dies selbst tun. Ich verstehe, dass dieses kleiner als eine Stundenarbeit ist, damit jemand tut, wem das Wissen hat.

This is an urgent request so please can somebody assist. ;)

Dieses ist ein Dringlichkeitsantrag gefallen so kann jemand unterstützen.

Topic author
Gobby

Re: need help installing portal and template. Will Pay

Post by Gobby »

Request cancelled. No longer required. thank you. ;)

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”