How do I change the banner with no-wrap?

Topic author
Chappy

How do I change the banner with no-wrap?

Post by Chappy »

Hello, & thank you very much for the time & energy you folks have put into this wonderful mod for phpBB. Much appreciated.

I have managed to change the banner but I can't seem to keep it from wrapping. Please view Impound Racing. I've searched the Knowledge Base but couldn't find anything regarding this. Here's what I have done:

From styles\AreoBlue\template\overall_header.html, I have changed:

Code: Select all

<td width="303" height="80" style="background:url('{T_THEME_PATH}/images/midl.png');"><div class="logo"><span class="headw">{SITENAME}</span><br /><span class="genmedw">{SITE_DESCRIPTION}</span></div></td>
<td height="80" style="background:url('{T_THEME_PATH}/images/midm.png');">&nbsp;</td>
<td width="470" height="80" align="right" valign="top" style="background:url('{T_THEME_PATH}/images/midr.png');">
To this:

<td width="1280" height="160" align="center" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap" style="background:url('{T_THEME_PATH}/images/irbanner.jpg');">      </td>
And I have omttied this:

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH and not S_IN_SEARCH -->
<div class="midlink">
<div id="search-box">
<form action="{U_SEARCH}" method="post" id="search">
            <fieldset class="nb">
               <input name="keywords" style="opacity:0.8;filter:alpha(opacity=80)" onmouseover="this.style.opacity=1;this.filters.alpha.opacity=100" onmouseout="this.style.opacity=0.8;this.filters.alpha.opacity=80" type="text" class="inputbox search" id="keywords" title="{L_SEARCH_KEYWORDS}" onblur="if(this.value=='')this.value='{LA_SEARCH_MINI}';" onclick="if(this.value=='{LA_SEARCH_MINI}')this.value='';" value="<!-- IF SEARCH_WORDS-->{SEARCH_WORDS}<!-- ELSE -->{L_SEARCH_MINI}<!-- ENDIF -->" maxlength="50" />
               <input class="nb" name="submit" type="image" src="{T_THEME_PATH}/images/search.png" align="absmiddle" /><br />
<a class="genmedw" href="{U_SEARCH}" title="{L_SEARCH_ADV_EXPLAIN}">{L_SEARCH_ADV}</a> {S_SEARCH_HIDDEN_FIELDS}
            </fieldset>
</form>
</div>
</div>
Am I even going about this in the right way? Is there any way to keep the banner from wrapping?

Thank you, in advance, for any help.
Chappy.

thomas.d
Former Team Member
phpBB.de User: thomas.d
phpBB.com User: thomas.d

Re: How do I change the banner with no-wrap?

Post by thomas.d »

Hi Chappy,

perhaps this one helps:

open /root/styles/*your_style*/imageset/imageset.cfg

find

img_site_logo = site_logo.png*xxx*yyy
where "xxx" stands for the height and "yyy" for the width of the site logo and set it to

img_site_logo = site_logo.png*160*1280
(if the file name of your site logo is "site_logo.png)
Viele Grüße

Thomas

Deutsche Sprachdateien für
[Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.8 (alightner) | [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC8 |
ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0 |

Topic author
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Thanks, Thomas.

I wasn't able to change the entire area to one image, so I took your advise & made the changes you suggested & replaced the default images as well. Check it out, let me know what you think. I'm using AeroBlue style: http://www.impoundracing.com

What I was going for is more like the forum I have at http://www.jcracing.net If you resize your window the banner stays one size & doesn't wrap.

Thanks again, Thomas. ;)

thomas.d
Former Team Member
phpBB.de User: thomas.d
phpBB.com User: thomas.d

Post by thomas.d »

Hi Chappy,
Chappy wrote:... Check it out, let me know what you think. ...
jar, it looks fine for me. Whenever you change the resolution or zoom the text size, the banner fits perfect ... and it doesn't wrap anymore.

Well done ... ;-)
Viele Grüße

Thomas

Deutsche Sprachdateien für
[Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.8 (alightner) | [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC8 |
ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0 |

Return to “Modifications Support”