SQL Error...

Current Version: 2.0.2
Released: 2013-10-27
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look at the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
Overtkill
phpBB.com User: Overtkill

SQL Error...

Post by Overtkill »

Hi,

I have been using the previous version of your Portal v1.0.6. I tried updating the site to the new portal, and found 2 issues:

1. The details section of AutoMod shows through its url that its looking for version a1 and not b2.
2. The error during a full reinstall after removing both prior versions shows that its looking for the Table phpbb2_portal_modules that doesn't exist.

I would think that if you require this table, you'd think your installer would create it?

Thanks for your help and time.

-Overtkill.

Topic author
Overtkill

So what does it take?

Post by Overtkill »

Well, I managed to work through this issue on my own by taking an sql dump of the table on the previous post, changing the DB info, and importing the dump to my current working site's DB.

I now have a new problem that no one seems willing to address as well, and it effects both sites. It seems that you cannot for some reason, relocate the Board3 Portal.php file to the root "public_html" of a site, without getting the following error:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal/includes/functions.php on line 406: include(portal/includes/trim_message/trim_message.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal/includes/functions.php on line 406: include(portal/includes/trim_message/trim_message.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal/includes/functions.php on line 406: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'portal/includes/trim_message/trim_message.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal/includes/functions.php on line 411: include(portal/includes/trim_message/bbcodes.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal/includes/functions.php on line 411: include(portal/includes/trim_message/bbcodes.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal/includes/functions.php on line 411: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'portal/includes/trim_message/bbcodes.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
Anyhow, I have installed the site correctly by hand. The files mentioned in the error are present in their correct locations. I manually made all the edits on installation for 2 separate sites and both came up with the same problem mentioned above. If I call the portal.php in my installed forum path, the portal works great. I am not interested in using a java-script solution to call the portal from a .htm file in the site root. I simply want the path and the portal.php in the site root to work normally and correctly. The file ftp permissions are also set correctly. What must I do to get this resolved?

Secondly, I have noticed a disproportionate amount of assistance seems to go to the German speaking forums for help in answering these requests. After nearly 300 page views, none of my questions has garnered a single answer from your staff? What do we have to do to get you guys to assist those of us who don't speak German? I don't care how bad your english might be, I am very willing to work through whatever the issues might be. We love your portal, and want to get through these issues working with you, but can't do so if you wont answer these questions.

Thanks for reading...

-Overtkill.

archivar
Portal Professional
phpBB.de User: archivar
phpBB.com User: archivar

Re: So what does it take?

Post by archivar »

Overtkill wrote: Secondly, I have noticed a disproportionate amount of assistance seems to go to the German speaking forums for help in answering these requests. After nearly 300 page views, none of my questions has garnered a single answer from your staff? What do we have to do to get you guys to assist those of us who don't speak German? I don't care how bad your english might be, I am very willing to work through whatever the issues might be. We love your portal, and want to get through these issues working with you, but can't do so if you wont answer these questions.

Thanks for reading...

-Overtkill.
I think they write this in the wrong place. Please write to them in this forum: => viewforum.php?f=1
V.G. archivar
sorry for my bad english

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Re: SQL Error...

Post by Marc »

Did you change the phpbb root path in portal.php?
I'm talking about this line:

$phpbb_root_path = (defined('PHPBB_ROOT_PATH')) ? PHPBB_ROOT_PATH : './';
It should reflect where phpBB3 is located in relation to your portal.php.

Topic author
Overtkill

Post by Overtkill »

Thanks for getting back to me...

Yes Marc, I made the edit in the portal.php as required. That is why I have the issue above. Adding the call to the forum path produces the above error. However, the portal still works perfectly id called in the forum directory.

So to be clear, I have edited the portal.php in the site root (site_root/portal.php) to set the path from: ./ to: ./phpbb/

The portal works perfectly if called from: site_root/phpbb/portal.php

I have done this on both my test site and main site. Both produce the same errors.
My .htaccess file in the site_root of both sites, contains as required: DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html index.htm

The test site is a basic installation with no other addons/mods except a custom style.

Thanks again for your help.

-Overt.

Topic author
Overtkill

Trim message and bbcodes PHP issue.

Post by Overtkill »

I was able to fix the issue myself.

The problem resides in your portal/includes/functions.php file...

Find (line 406): 
include(PORTAL_ROOT_PATH . 'includes/trim_message/trim_message.' . $phpEx);

Replace with:
include($phpbb_root_path . 'portal/includes/trim_message/trim_message.' . $phpEx);

Find also (line: 411):
include(PORTAL_ROOT_PATH . 'includes/trim_message/bbcodes.' . $phpEx);

Replace with:
include($phpbb_root_path . 'portal/includes/trim_message/trim_message.' . $phpEx);
I'm not sure if that was the cleanest way around this issue, but it does the job I wanted. My portal now works beautifully with the portal.php in the root of the site.

Regards,

-Overtkill.

archivar
Portal Professional
phpBB.de User: archivar
phpBB.com User: archivar

Post by archivar »

Try a new download pack ==> https://github.com/marc1706/Board3-Portal/downloads <== In this package, many bugs are fixed.
V.G. archivar
sorry for my bad english

Topic author
Overtkill

Post by Overtkill »

Thanks a ton for those updates. They are working great! :)

-Overt.

Return to “Board3 Portal 2.0.x - English Support”