Language change not complete for guests

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
mikaelhald

Language change not complete for guests

Post by mikaelhald »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.6
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner
Boardlink: http://skrivbare.dk

PHP Version: 5.3.3-7+squeeze8
MySQL Version: 5.1.61-0+squeeze1

What have you done before the problem was there?
It appeared from start, once board3 portal was installed (succesfully using automod)

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
Starting from scratch again, not installing Advanced BBCode Box (My only other mod except Automod), no luck

Description and Message
I have installed the danish languagepack for 1.0.5 and it works fine for registered users.
But once I open the portal as guest the title and indexnames for several blocks are still in english (my board default is danish) even though the content text and some links are correctly displayed in danish.

for example the menu block on top left has english indexnames and some of the selectable items are in english if not logged in, when logged in though, it is all in danish.

I hope to find a solution, as I really like this portal and the extension it makes to my board.

edit:
After looking a bit more at the portal it seems like the parts of the portal that uses native phpbb variables is translated using the translation for phpbb, while the parts using board3 specified variables are not translated

archivar
Portal Professional
phpBB.de User: archivar
phpBB.com User: archivar

Re: Language change not complete for guests

Post by archivar »

Unfortunately, no translator has yet reported for their language. :o
I see them able to translate the English language. Try the content of the portal language files to translate themselves into their language.
The portal language files can be found in the download package in this directory:
root / language / en / mods / *. *.
V.G. archivar
sorry for my bad english

Topic author
mikaelhald

Re: Language change not complete for guests

Post by mikaelhald »

I would understand if the translation wasn't complete that parts were missing, but that is not the case.

I have installed the danish translation for board 3 portal v1.0.5, and it works fine when i am logged in, both as admin and as user using the default danish language set by the board when registering the user.

But if do not log in (aka visiting site as guest) the portal is only partly translated, and the only things that is translated is the parts covered by the original phpbb danish translation, wich means its not using the danish translation for the portal.

As stated earlier the board has danish as default language, and had that before installing the mod every time.

If you would like to see what i mean, check out my board, and create a user (only mail validation needed) and check the difference.

Archivar: thank you for your reply, but unfortunately I doubt that will fix anything as the translation is complete for logged in users.

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”