Creating custom content to portal.

Topic author
Talaysen
phpBB.de User: Talaysen
phpBB.com User: Talaysen

Creating custom content to portal.

Post by Talaysen »

I didn't see any modules that exist that would suit my needs.
I'd like to merge my existing website into the PHPBB portal, my site is a 'Server Listing' website.
I'd like the portal to display the list of servers. Each server has a banner image and a small statistics block.

Would it be easier to edit the code into an existing portal block, or should I create a new block for this purpose?
I'd like users to be able to add their server to the list, and have each link on the list go to a page for their server (which I'm not really sure how to do).

Lastly, if anyone could give me even the slightest tip on how to accomplish this, I'd be unbelievably grateful:
I want each listing to have it's own page, but I want the link to be formatted like "site.tld/servername"
I wasn't sure if this is possible with PHPBB. The server page should use the name defined as the server name as the link.

I already have existing code from my website that does this same thing:
-Add/Edit server page. Allows user to create a new listing or edit their existing listing.
-View listing page.
-Listing (index) code that I'd like to put in a module

Just not sure how to integrate it. Any help at all is appreciated, even just suggestions or a pointer in the right direction.

Return to “Modification Requests”