Recent topics / mechanisms

Current Version: 2.0.2
Released: 2013-10-27
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look at the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
MagnusB

Recent topics / mechanisms

Post by MagnusB »

I like the new release so far, but I have a few questions, as I can't really figure it out.

Recent topics block is something that I really need for my site, and right now I am trying to get it to behave as I want it to / have in 1.x. But right now, only recent topics appear, I also need popular topics to appear, but I have no idea how to get them to appear. I am testing it now on a fresh phpbb3 install, with only a few topics being made for testing, and I keep replying to one, but no such luck.

I also tried to boost the view counts, but still no luck.

Additionally, I need to change the headers for each column, while this was easy in previous release, it seems to have changed a bit. Is there a way to change them in the language file, instead of changing the HTML after each upgrade? E.g. recent topics become recent news, popular topics become popular news, or similar. I only want to change them in that block though. Other blocks will be used differently.

Topic author
MagnusB

Re: Recent topics / mechanisms

Post by MagnusB »

I figured the last part out, and managed to change the language files as I wanted.

However, my initial problems still exists. I am using a demo forum, with 2 users. I am trying to spam post a bit, but no luck getting any posts into Popular / Hot topics in the recent block. Any help on this / tips on how it works?

Topic author
MagnusB

Post by MagnusB »

Is there any update on this?

I can not get any topics to appear in the Popular topics table, though the config for this block lets me set how many I want included. Is this just a placeholder for future release, or does the block support this right now?

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Post by Marc »

phpBB decides if a topic is "hot"/popular. There is not much we can about this without a lot of database queries.

If you do not have popular topics the portal can't display any.

playagiron

Post by playagiron »

But you can change the threshold for Hot Topics:
ACP => Posting => Post Settings => Popular topic threshold:

Standard is 25, but if you set it to a lower number, you will have some hot topics and they should show up!

clight77
phpBB.com User: clight77

Post by clight77 »

Thanks,I was looking how to fix this also :)

Return to “Board3 Portal 2.0.x - English Support”