Good install but get an internal server error

Current Version: 2.0.2
Released: 2013-10-27
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look at the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
CrashTester

Good install but get an internal server error

Post by CrashTester »

I installed the Portal using Automod and everything went well but now if I go to my url landing page I get the following error. If I go to my domain/index.php it works fine...help please! Uninstall worked so I'm back to how it was. When the mod was installed I was unable to go into the Details page, I got an error saying ../store/mods/board-portal3/contrib/update_106_to_200b/update.xml does not exist. I checked and it was there and did exist, I also copied a fresh copy to the directory.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache Server at www.turkishlifeforums.com Port 80

Thanks.

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Re: Good install but get an internal server error

Post by Marc »

Without the complete error log helping you will be very hard. Try to find the error inside the error log or test if enabling debug shows the whole error message.

Topic author
CrashTester

Post by CrashTester »

Thanks Marc, where do I find the error log?

A strange thing happened. Portal was uninstalled from Automod after it failed and I have not re-added it since, I was waiting for some help before doing anything more. However, when I loaded the mysite.com\portal.php page from my work computer the next day I got my site come up and the portal was showing, I was even able to go and move modules around in the MODS tab. But after about 5 minutes the page started the Internal Server Error and has not worked again since.

That is odd. It shows the install worked but something is causing this problem. Please let me know where I look for error logs and I will post them here.

Thanks.

Topic author
CrashTester

Post by CrashTester »

Just an update. I ran the installer and uninstalled portal completely and started again. All installed OK and I was running the portal for a while (hour or so) and was moving modules around, setting my news block, changing column widths, added a link the nav menu and then all of a sudden I get the Internal Server error again.

I reset the news block and links module and Portal has been restored. Not sure if there is a bug in any of these modules, the news module is something I want and was probably the first thing I started to set when this problem first occurred.

Edit: I've been able to recreate this problem by selecting more than 17 items to display in the news block and when I click the extra pages at the bottom. I also notice that I do not get topics from some forums despite them all being available. Hope this helps.

ixl
Sponsor
phpBB.de User: IXL
phpBB.com User: IXLUKCOM

Post by ixl »

Hi.

Just wondered if you resolved this, as I have the same problem but only on custom blocks that need to disable bbcode, which are not iframes.

It might not be related, but as its the same error, I just am wondering...

Cheers

IXL
I.X.L

Just because it worked for you, doesnt mean it's right. ;)

http://WWW.TEAMGAMERS.CO.UK

Return to “Board3 Portal 2.0.x - English Support”