General Error: Forum Not Working

Current Version: 2.0.2
Released: 2013-10-27
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look at the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
WendyCroft

General Error: Forum Not Working

Post by WendyCroft »

I've just updated an old installation from 1.6.0 to 2.0 at http://www.rememberthebalrog.org and this is the result:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal.php on line 21: include(./portal/includes/constants.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal.php on line 21: include(./portal/includes/constants.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal.php on line 21: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './portal/includes/constants.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal.php on line 23: include(./PORTAL_ROOT_PATHincludes/functions_modules.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal.php on line 23: include(./PORTAL_ROOT_PATHincludes/functions_modules.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal.php on line 23: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './PORTAL_ROOT_PATHincludes/functions_modules.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal.php on line 24: include(./PORTAL_ROOT_PATHincludes/functions.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal.php on line 24: include(./PORTAL_ROOT_PATHincludes/functions.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/portal.php on line 24: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './PORTAL_ROOT_PATHincludes/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/remember/public_html/includes/functions.php:7645) in /home/remember/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 5435
Return to the index page
General Error
Language file ./language/en/mods/portal.php couldn't be opened.

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/session.php
LINE: 2099
CALL: trigger_error()

LINE: 2058
CALL: user->set_lang()

LINE: 1614
CALL: user->add_lang()

FILE: [ROOT]/portal.php
LINE: 29
CALL: user->setup()
I've followed all the instructions as carefully as I could but all I've done is pull the forum offline. What can I do to fix it? I can't even get rid of the portal just to get the forum working again.

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Re: General Error: Forum Not Working

Post by Marc »

Take a look at the update instructions again. You didn't upload all new files.

Topic author
WendyCroft

Post by WendyCroft »

I'm using CPanel, not FTP, so which ones have I missed? I thought I'd checked them all.

These are the steps I took:

I renamed the original portal file.

I uploaded the portal .zip file and unarchived it in situ, then renamed the file to "portal." I then followed the instructions for each file movement from root to the main portal and other files. What's confusing is it's not clear whether you want the files moved from Root to the portal folder files or to the main forum folder files.

Which new files should I have uploaded? It's not made clear in the instructions. It just says check, then download files, then there's an option to merge. I'm finding it very confusing so simply telling me I'm doing it wrong is not at all helpful.

I DO appreciate you taking the time to answer me, I just need you to be more specific, that's all.

Edit: I ran the install again, this is the error code now:
Fatal error: Language file ./language/en/mods/portal.php couldn't be opened. in /home/remember/public_html/includes/session.php on line 2099

Kirk
Dev
phpBB.de User: Kirk

Post by Kirk »

You must upload the ./language/en/mods/portal.php in ./ Language/en/mods
Gruß Udo

Topic author
WendyCroft

Post by WendyCroft »

This is how I fixed it: I copied the root/languages/en/mods folder to the main public HTML languages/en folder. It's working now. Thanks anyway.

Marc
Dev

Post by Marc »

Pretty much all files are missing.
The left side of the copy instructions always refer to the directory structure in the zip archive. The right side always starts with the root folder of your forum.
Copy instructions for *.* mean that you need to copy the complete folder content.

Topic author
WendyCroft

Post by WendyCroft »

Thank you, Kirk, I've got the forum back up but the portal isn't working. It's not resolved yet.

When I'm in the ACP and click the .MODS link, this is the error message:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_portal.php on line 28: include(./../portal/includes/functions.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_portal.php on line 28: include(./../portal/includes/functions.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_portal.php on line 28: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../portal/includes/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')

Fatal error: Call to undefined function obtain_portal_config() in /home/remember/public_html/includes/acp/acp_portal.php on line 30
What have I failed to do?

Kirk
Dev
phpBB.de User: Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Marc wrote:Pretty much all files are missing.
The left side of the copy instructions always refer to the directory structure in the zip archive. The right side always starts with the root folder of your forum.
Copy instructions for *.* mean that you need to copy the complete folder content.
Go step by step the instructions.
Gruß Udo

Topic author
WendyCroft

Post by WendyCroft »

Gentlemen, the instructions are not clear. I've tried reinstalling the updated version only to lose the forum again. These instructions are clear to YOU because you're the ones who built it. As a n00b, they don't make much sense and the whole thing is confusing. I don't mind if you think I'm an idiot but I need idiot-proof instructions to get this thing to work.

I'm using a cPanel, NOT ftp, so I need instructions that work on that. It doesn't help that I'm working from Installation instructions for 'board3 Portal' version 1.0.6 because there's not one for 2.0.0, as far as I know. There's no root/adm/style/acp_portal.html file. All I've got is portal/root/adm/style/portal and in that folder are a load of files, none of which includes the acp_portal.html file.

There's no root/install/schemas/*.* There's only an index file in the install folder.

There's no root/portal/block folder.

I've got the forum back up but the portal is not working.
Return to the index page
General Error
No mode specified.

BACKTRACE

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_portal.php
LINE: 1082

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_portal->main()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()

Topic author
WendyCroft

Post by WendyCroft »

Okay, went through it a final time and it wants me to be a board founder to run the install.php. What now?

The correct instructions were on the install.xml file.

Here's the error code:
Cannot find module ./../includes/acp/acp_permissions.php

BACKTRACE

LINE: 446

Marc
Dev

Post by Marc »

There are installation instructions for installing Board3 Portal 2.0.0. Just open the install.xml in that archive in your browser after you've extracted it.

Topic author
WendyCroft

Post by WendyCroft »

Thank you, Marc, I've located them and followed them through. The forum is working, the portal is not and it wants me to be a founder. What have I done wrong, please?

Error messages:

ACP/Permissions:

Cannot find module ./../includes/acp/acp_permissions.php
BACKTRACE

LINE: 446

And on the ACP/.MODS tab:
No mode specified.

BACKTRACE

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_portal.php
LINE: 1082

LINE: 507
CALL: acp_portal->main()

I can't run the install because it wants me to be a founder. What do I do to fix this, please?

I'm sorry for the trouble and realise this is frustrating for you but I'm really stuck, here. I'd be very much obliged if you could give me a specific solution.

archivar
Portal Professional
phpBB.de User: archivar
phpBB.com User: archivar

Post by archivar »

WendyCroft wrote: I can't run the install because it wants me to be a founder. What do I do to fix this, please?
Wear it in the ACP, a for himself as the founder.
Also check all user permissions, who can change or view the portal. ;)
V.G. archivar
sorry for my bad english

Topic author
WendyCroft

Post by WendyCroft »

The founder gave me his login details, so I'm there as him now. I've got this error, after installing it AGAIN:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/umil/umil.php on line 1579: include(../includes/acp/auth.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/umil/umil.php on line 1579: include(../includes/acp/auth.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/umil/umil.php on line 1579: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../includes/acp/auth.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')

Fatal error: Class 'auth_admin' not found in /home/remember/public_html/umil/umil.php on line 1581
This is at line 1581:

Code: Select all

// Multicall
		if ($this->multicall(__FUNCTION__, $auth_option))
		{
			return;
		}

$this->umil_start('PERMISSION_ADD', $auth_option);

if ($this->permission_exists($auth_option, $global))
		{
			return $this->umil_end('PERMISSION_ALREADY_EXISTS', $auth_option);
		}

// We've added permissions, so set to true to notify the user.
		$this->permissions_added = true;

if (!class_exists('auth_admin'))
		{
			global $phpbb_root_path, $phpEx;

include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/acp/auth.' . $phpEx);
		}
		$auth_admin = new auth_admin();
So what needs to be there?

Marc
Dev

Post by Marc »

That file is part of phpBB3. You really should have that or you didn't upload the portal/umil folder to the right path.

Return to “Board3 Portal 2.0.x - English Support”