How do I put AJAX CHAT in the Center of the Portal

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
JohnnyBoy928
phpBB.com User: Johnnyboy928

How do I put AJAX CHAT in the Center of the Portal

Post by JohnnyBoy928 »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.0RC3
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge
Boardlink: http://www.technoonly.com/bbs/

PHP Version: 5.2.4 - http://www.technoonly.com/phpinfo.php
MySQL Version: 5.0.45

What have you done before the problem was there?
not a problem but a request

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
tried includes and making my own block - unsuccessful

Description and Message
Hey I saw that you guys made your own block for AJAX and I would like to do the same for the center of my page... I am a little confused on how to... I want to use the full system they have avaiable... I used that link you gave on the other threead and all it does is put it on the bottom left of the menu on the portal page and on the forum index...

I would love to have it on the center of the portal page but I try php includes, making my own block, and whatnot but have no luck... of course this is a beta install for me and I just got it going so it looks just like the template so far till I get to the style part of the site... the links to both sections are below... I am new to this software but for installing the forum/portal/ajax in one night I think i did pretty good. I saw a lot of people with the errors in the forums becuase simply all you have to do is follow that XML file included in the tar file...

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Site is: http://www.technoonly.com/bbs/
AJAX shout is: http://www.technoonly.com/bbs/chat/

Also if i get help on this part I can then figure out how to make blocks for an onlie radio section I would like as well....

Alos if I get this done then how do I remove the chat from bottom right but also keep it in the center once a block is made? Do I just remove the code I originally used to get it on there since the block might use a different parameter?

Again thanks for any response guys...

Huor
Valued Contributor

Re: How do I put AJAX CHAT in the Center of the Portal

Post by Huor »

You got reply by PM ;)

Topic author
JohnnyBoy928

Post by JohnnyBoy928 »

answered thanks for the help!!! Good app though... I would like to get the Ajax link off though...do I have to pay for that?
Last edited by JohnnyBoy928 on 25. January 2009 00:55, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
JohnnyBoy928

Post by JohnnyBoy928 »

Huor... thanks for all the help... hey in the directions online with that link you gave is there docs on how to customize the output look to the end user... for example I would like every other line to have a light grey backgorun dlike in the admin panel when your watching the chat channel... then also I would like the users names to have different colors for each like shoutboc has...

Oh also would like to change the timestamp to 12 hour not 24hour!!

Any ideas?

Thanks again Johnny

Huor
Valued Contributor

Post by Huor »

The look, colors and backgrounds for your ajax shoutbox can be changed by your stylesheet.css file - there you had to insert the ajax stylesheet as well. Change the colors for your needs (look for #ajax.... in the stylesheet).

Concerning the timestamp there should be an entry in the chat configuration itself. I am not sure if this is what you need.

Greez
Huor

Topic author
JohnnyBoy928

Post by JohnnyBoy928 »

MAN YOUR THE ONLY ONE ON THE WEB TRYINGT O EVEN HELP ME OUTSIDE OF NORMAL INSTALLATION ISSUES... hahahahahah again much respect...
Guess thats open source for ya.. :) The economy makes things rough you know...

Thanks will try the style sheet... I think I did try... but to do every other row with a colored background will take some programming on the table display part in that little block on the portal or wherever the coding is for the shoutbox display is on the portal page... I will not ve using ww.example.com/chat... I use that only for admin... My main chat channel is on the portal page only...

Also the time I got done I had to edit the classes.js file to add coding to accept PHP like time functions...
Time change worked great in the AJAX main chat page but when viewed in portal it only shows up in 24 hour mode and not 12 hr mode... If I can not fix this I may just remove timestamp completely...

Even if i do not get this changed I will be fine.. My main issue is this below which again I can edit fine for the main chat page but not for the portal section... How come the portal part takes such control over the main functions the chat is programmed for.. actually its quite intrigueing...

************** START copied from another post with no reply********************
I would like to extend the textfield input longer in width and use a submit button instead of users just hitting enter... I looked throughout all AJAX pages and found no area where I can adjust this textfield besides the main chat page ttp://ww.example.com/chat/ please advise how to adjust width and add submit button in portal's center shoutbox... and thank you in advance... please help me... need this done asap of course...

PLEASE!!! I can not find this anywhere....

************** END copied from another post with no reply********************
Huor wrote:The look, colors and backgrounds for your ajax shoutbox can be changed by your stylesheet.css file - there you had to insert the ajax stylesheet as well. Change the colors for your needs (look for #ajax.... in the stylesheet).

Concerning the timestamp there should be an entry in the chat configuration itself. I am not sure if this is what you need.

Greez
Huor

Topic author
JohnnyBoy928

Post by JohnnyBoy928 »

Here it is man... PERFECT http://www.net4seven.de/phpbb3/forum/vi ... ?f=9&t=278
Huor wrote:The look, colors and backgrounds for your ajax shoutbox can be changed by your stylesheet.css file - there you had to insert the ajax stylesheet as well. Change the colors for your needs (look for #ajax.... in the stylesheet).

Greez
Huor

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”