post install issue - nothing in .MODS

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
MidnightCoder
phpBB.com User: MidnightCoder

post install issue - nothing in .MODS

Post by MidnightCoder »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.3
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Advanced Knowledge
Boardlink: http://fishingterritory.com/phpBB3/

PHP Version: 5.2.6
MySQL Version: 4.1.22-standard

What have you done before the problem was there?
Installed the portal.

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
Searched forums here. Tried removing/re-adding modules.

Description and Message
Hi there,

I installed this portal as it looks like a good lightweight option, however I've encountered an issue post-install. I can see all the modules in the ACP page, under .MODS. I cannot see any settings under the .MODS tab though.

All modules are enabled and set to display.

Before I do too much more with it, I thought I'd see if someone here could point me in the right direction. Did I miss a step somewhere?

Oh, related info: I can see the settings for two other mods installed under .MODS, the blogs and calendar both work normally there. There's just no entry at all for the portal.

Thanks in advance.

Topic author
MidnightCoder

Re: post install issue - nothing in .MODS

Post by MidnightCoder »

I read in another topic here that it might, maybe be useful to uninstall and reinstall the portal (the db part of it anyway). So, I ran the uninstaller, but now have no option to reinstall. When going back to the install folder it only presents the uninstall option, even though it claims to be fully uninstalled (!?)

Any help with this or the original issue would be most appreciated. This portal looks good, but I'm under time constraints to get this done. It'd be a shame to have to abandon this mod.

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Post by Kevin »

Is the your_prefix_portal_config table deleted? Anything left in the modules table?
Although everything should be deleted properly, i would check this first.
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

Topic author
MidnightCoder

Post by MidnightCoder »

Kevin wrote:Is the your_prefix_portal_config table deleted? Anything left in the modules table?
Although everything should be deleted properly, i would check this first.
Sorry, that I should have caught. Staring at this db too long. I dropped the table manually, and successfully reinstalled the portal using the install script. The original issue remains. No entries under .MODS for the portal, but there are the usual entries for the other mods I've installed.

All modules for the portal are enabled and set to display. I can't see anything wrong, I've double checked that all the files in the download package are uploaded correctly, checked through my edits to the board, seems fine except the settings don't display.

Any ideas? I could provide an account via pm if you need access to help with this.

Thanks.

Kevin
Site Admin

Post by Kevin »

Already purged the cache (although this normally should be done by the installer)?
Changed anything of the settings in the installer?
Yes, an admin account would be helpful (PM me). But i have to go to bed now - I'll check it tomorrow. ;)
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Topic author
MidnightCoder

Post by MidnightCoder »

Kevin wrote:Already purged the cache (although this normally should be done by the installer)?
Changed anything of the settings in the installer?
Yes, an admin account would be helpful (PM me). But i have to go to bed now - I'll check it tomorrow. ;)
No cache. Cache is completely disabled while I've been modding this board, it just puts more load on the server to be constantly purging/recompiling cache.
I didn't change anything in the installer. It suggested it be installed under .MODS and I just accepted that option.

I'll bang my head off it a couple more hours, if no results I'll happily pm you some account details. Thanks for your replies, I appreciate it.

Kevin
Site Admin

Post by Kevin »

MidnightCoder wrote:I'll bang my head off it a couple more hours, if no results I'll happily pm you some account details.
Please not too hard. ;)
Yes, please sent me a PM with the login details if you're stuck, I'll have a look. Good night! :)

Midge
Sponsor
phpBB.com User: Midge

Post by Midge »

Same thing happened to me. I solved it by installing first the 1.0.2 version of the portal, then updating to the latest version. :P
(But I'd still like to see if Kevin comes up with the source of the problem.)

evgeny

Post by evgeny »

I have just the same issue, upgraded to new versiona from 1.02 to 1.03 and have no mods list in admin panel.
I've also deintalled and reinstalled this one, but still nothing...
Any help please? :|

Topic author
MidnightCoder

Post by MidnightCoder »

Kevin wrote:
MidnightCoder wrote:I'll bang my head off it a couple more hours, if no results I'll happily pm you some account details.
Please not too hard. ;)
Yes, please sent me a PM with the login details if you're stuck, I'll have a look. Good night! :)
PM with credentials and information sent. Thanks for your help and interest in this.

Kevin
Site Admin

Post by Kevin »

Obviously you have installed a calendar mod, during the time i have been in your ACP.
Now the ACP for the portal is there (but none for the calendar, although it just have been installed - as stated in the admin log). So: no portal issue - you seem to have some kind of disabling caching mod installed. Maybe this is the problem (that there is still the ACP cached).

Topic author
MidnightCoder

Post by MidnightCoder »

Kevin wrote:Obviously you have installed a calendar mod, during the time i have been in your ACP.
Now the ACP for the portal is there (but none for the calendar, although it just have been installed - as stated in the admin log). So: no portal issue - you seem to have some kind of disabling caching mod installed. Maybe this is the problem (that there is still the ACP cached).
Nothing is cached. there's no files in /cache/ which is as intended.

I'm looking at the admin log to try and figure out exactly what you did, looks like you reinstalled the calendar modules?

I can see the settings for all three mods now, so whatever you did worked, but I'm unclear on how you accomplished this.

Kevin
Site Admin

Post by Kevin »

In the moment i tried to add a new module "portal test", the message came "mod installed successfuly" and the log entries for the calendar mod appeared, including "purged cache".
But the module "portal test" never appeared. So i guessed you have installed the calendar mod parallel to my tests.
Anyway - having a look in your .mods tab afterwards: the portal ACP was there. Weired. :?

Topic author
MidnightCoder

Post by MidnightCoder »

Kevin wrote:In the moment i tried to add a new module "portal test", the message came "mod installed successfuly" and the log entries for the calendar mod appeared, including "purged cache".
But the module "portal test" never appeared. So i guessed you have installed the calendar mod parallel to my tests.
Anyway - having a look in your .mods tab afterwards: the portal ACP was there. Weired. :?
I suspect there may be a conflict with your installer, if other mods have been installed prior to your portal. Either way, I've very glad it's working now, but I'm concerned it'll happen again the next time.

Thanks for your help, hopefully this will give you some information to go on for tweaking future versions anyway. :)

Kevin
Site Admin

Post by Kevin »

MidnightCoder wrote:I suspect there may be a conflict with your installer, if other mods have been installed prior to your portal.
I don't think so - it has been tested on installations with other mods without any problems.
Maybe it's a conflict with a mod you have in your installation, hard to say.

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”