Does not fully install

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
CFreedom
phpBB.com User: Cfreedom

Does not fully install

Post by CFreedom »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.0RC3
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner
Boardlink: http://creativefreedomrpg.com/forum/index.php

What have you done before the problem was there?

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?

Description and Message
I downloaded the latest copy of Board3 and when I went to install it using AutoMod it goes through like it would normally when installing a Mod only it does not install fully and I get this message from AutoMod: Unexpected header, ending loop. Not sure what to do about this or if there is even a way to fix this. I am using a custom boards style that is built off of subsilver2 with the latest install of phpbb.

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Re: Does not fully install

Post by Marc »

Make sure the package you downloaded was not corrupted. Also, try if this also happens with other MODs. Since this doesn't normally happen with AutoMOD and nobody else reported this until now, I guess there is something wrong with the encoding of your site.

Topic author
CFreedom

Post by CFreedom »

I got it installed ok, but its not showing up. Could this be because the style I am using does not have a portal folder?

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Post by Marc »

You also have to edit your style, depending on what style it is based, use the instructions for prosilver or subsilver2.

Topic author
CFreedom

Post by CFreedom »

Auto Mod does the editing for me. which it did without an issue, however when I go to install the portal just for the style I am using Auto Mod can not find the specific areas in my style to edit and change for the portal. So my next question would be is it possible perhaps get an edit to the specific style I am using?

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”