Global Announcements and News Items

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
dijjithedde

Global Announcements and News Items

Post by dijjithedde »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.0RC3
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Advanced Knowledge
Boardlink: http://www.themlake.com/board/portal.php

What have you done before the problem was there?
n/a

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
tried different combinations of forum/topic numbers separated by punctuation

Description and Message
I would like to have the portal be the default page (I found documentation on how to do this), but I want the Global Announcement section or the News Section to display the most recent post from a given topic. It seems to me that right now it only allows me to choose a forum ID, and I can find no way to specify a topic within a forum. I know there's a way to do this, as your homepage displays a post. This behavior was what sold me on the portal to begin with. Please let me know what I can do to make this happen.

Mike
Former Team Member

Re: Global Announcements and News Items

Post by Mike »

dijjithedde wrote:I know there's a way to do this, as your homepage displays a post.
It shows a post because: ACP -> Mods -> Portal -> Global announcements -> Compact global announcements block style: NO

acp_demo/en/announcements.php.html
kein Support per PN / Messenger
no Support via PM / Messenger

Topic author
dijjithedde

Post by dijjithedde »

OK I found it for the News section; the Global announcements had it already but it seems to have disappeared... When I turn it on, it still is off. I wonder if any of the combinations of forum/topic numbers messed it up to permanently get rid of the global announcements. This may be a bug worth looking into; for now I am OK with the News section as it is. Thanks for all your help! :D

villnar

Post by villnar »

Global Annoucement is also not working for me.

Cobrarob

Post by Cobrarob »

Try logging out..

Mine seems to only work when I am logged out. The block will not show when I am logged in. I am still trying to figure it out.

ishaqkalota
phpBB.com User: ishaqkalota

Post by ishaqkalota »

I am also having a problem with the Global Announcements Block.
When I initially installed the Board3 Portal, I had the center block turned on and it was working great, then I went into the ACP and turned it off, and it turned off.
Since then I have tried to repeatedly turn it on and off even log out and back in, clear cache and what not, but I can not get it to show up in the portal. It seems like it has now become permanently OFF. I currently have it turned ON and it is not showing up. At first, I thought the News block and the Global Announcemnets blocks are mutually exclusive and that only one could be turned on, but that did not work either.
It seems like there is a bug which is worth looking into.....
Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, please share your solutions...

Thank you so much!!!!!

ishaqkalota
phpBB.com User: ishaqkalota

Post by ishaqkalota »

I was able to figure this out..
I had to mark the post as an announcement or global in order for this block to show up on the portal.
I clicked on the post, edited it and made it an announcement or global and this block appeared on the portal....

contiw
phpBB.com User: contiw

Post by contiw »

Thanks for the tip ishaqkalota :)

Relawda

Post by Relawda »

ishaqkalota wrote:I am also having a problem with the Global Announcements Block.
When I initially installed the Board3 Portal, I had the center block turned on and it was working great, then I went into the ACP and turned it off, and it turned off.
Since then I have tried to repeatedly turn it on and off even log out and back in, clear cache and what not, but I can not get it to show up in the portal. It seems like it has now become permanently OFF. I currently have it turned ON and it is not showing up. At first, I thought the News block and the Global Announcemnets blocks are mutually exclusive and that only one could be turned on, but that did not work either.
It seems like there is a bug which is worth looking into.....
Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, please share your solutions...

Thank you so much!!!!!
hi
me too i have this problem, but i dont know how i can solve it.
ishaqkalota wrote: I was able to figure this out..
I had to mark the post as an announcement or global in order for this block to show up on the portal.
I clicked on the post, edited it and made it an announcement or global and this block appeared on the portal....
but that not is a solution...

any can help...

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”