Styling for Custom Blocks

Current Version: 2.1.0
Released: 2015-10-26
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look at the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
ohockey

Styling for Custom Blocks

Post by ohockey »

Your Portal Version: 2.1.0-rc1
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge
Boardlink: http://minorhockeytalk.ca

What have you done before the problem was there?
Nothing

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
Looked around and changed a few things on my test board but could not figure out a solution

Description and Message
Is there a way to style the look of a block? In particular I would like to use a custom block as a container for advertising but would like to eliminate the border that delineates the block so that the advertising within the block does not have any border around it. I can then still use these custom blocks to position the advertising modules on my board without any border or title on the top present for these custom blocks.

[UPDATE] I have managed to format just the Custom blocks with a couple of changes. The last thing to do is change the background color of the custom block. Does anyone understand how to do this? How are the colors of the background blocks controlled?

[UPDATE 2 - SOLVED] I completed these changes and managed to get the desired effect on my test board. It turns out some simple changes in custom_side.html and _block_config.html is all that is required.

Return to “Board3 Portal 2.1.x - English Support”