Raid Progress Block w/ACP

Forum rules
This forum is not for support requests.

Only post Modifications for Board3 Portal 1.0.x in this forum.

Topic author
Teksonic
Portal Enthusiast
phpBB.com User: Teksonic

Re: Raid Progress Block w/ACP

Post by Teksonic »

hmm well i can defiantly look into the icalendar thing, the event planner is at this stage roughly 75%, ACP and installer are not even started, but the planner itself and most features have been implemented and i'm running the RC copy on my guilds live site to get any issues fleshed out. (yah for live testers that don't know there testers... muwhahahaha)

still the RC copy is also running on my test site where i continue to develop it.

i'm looking at creating a plugin module for the raid/event planner, so new features can be created and simply added in without having to re write the whole base planner. maybe once that's in place I can add iCalendar support as a plugin.

think I might start another thread for this so as to not gum this one up

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3475
Cylithina - Undead Warlock (Retired)
Guild - Iron Circle
Server - Llane

My mods are available at http://www.teksonicmods.com

emjh

Post by emjh »

Using the latest version of this block (2.2.0) with the latest PHPBB version (3.07-PL) and the latest Board3 (1.0.5), I am getting a pretty serious error that makes it so I really can't use this block.

What happens is, when logging in as admin (from guest), and then trying to access the ACP, an error occurs, not allowing access to the ACP.

The error is as follows : Fatal error: Class 'template_compile' not found in /home/site/public_html/forum/includes/template.php on line 314

Sometimes, after several refreshes, it goes through, and takes me to the screen that asks me to re-type in my admin password, this page is white, theme-less and has no graphics... looks all glitchy, etc. I can eventually reach the ACP after a few more refreshes.

I have narrowed this issue right to this mod, as using a fresh install of phpbb and installing it causes the problem, and then uninstalling it fixes the problem.

I've already tried disabling the version checker, no dice.

Topic author
Teksonic
Portal Enthusiast

Post by Teksonic »

i will look into this, my setup is currently using board3 1.0.4 so maybe the issue has come up since they upgraded to 1.0.5
Guild - Iron Circle
Server - Llane

Topic author
Teksonic
Portal Enthusiast

Post by Teksonic »

Hey guys

A little update and info on this mod.
1. I've decided with the new release for Cataclysm that I will be making this a standalone mod, basically all this means is that you won't have to have board3 to use it, anyone should be able to use it and then just place the block code where ever they want it.

2. I'm going to add an extra optional feature that will display a full page with all your raid progress info on it, I know this sounds vague but it's hard to describe right away once i get a beta version working i'll let you all see it. That said I will need someone to make me some graphics if your skilled with photoshop / illustrator and would like to donate some time to the project pm me and we can chat.
(thanks to ghostman for mentioning an another project i used to work on, which made me think about this new feature)

2. Once the mod is fully developed and done i'm going to get it posted up at phpbb and into there mods database over there.

have a good one guys.

(and as a distant side note, i'm thinking of building a new phpbb3 based DKP system, wouldn't that be awesome eh. :D)
Guild - Iron Circle
Server - Llane

emjh

Post by emjh »

Are you no longer going to support this one then? Any word on getting it updated for 1.05?

Topic author
Teksonic
Portal Enthusiast

Post by Teksonic »

i'm still supporting this one, i wasn't planning on any new improvements though and there won't be any new raids to add till Cataclysm comes out. If there's bug's or issues I will most certainly do my best to get them worked out.

also there has been no new suggestions for this version, so unless there is something, and that something can't wait till the Cataclysm version then I will defiantly get it in to this one.

hmmm, now i just thought you might mean will i still support this version after I change to a non board3 version. there will be no need to support this version any longer as the phpbb validated non board3 version will supersede this version since it will have the new raids in it. If this is what you meant, Would you still want to track the Wrath raids?
Guild - Iron Circle
Server - Llane

emjh

Post by emjh »

Teksonic wrote:i'm still supporting this one, i wasn't planning on any new improvements though and there won't be any new raids to add till Cataclysm comes out. If there's bug's or issues I will most certainly do my best to get them worked out.

also there has been no new suggestions for this version, so unless there is something, and that something can't wait till the Cataclysm version then I will defiantly get it in to this one.

hmmm, now i just thought you might mean will i still support this version after I change to a non board3 version. there will be no need to support this version any longer as the phpbb validated non board3 version will supersede this version since it will have the new raids in it. If this is what you meant, Would you still want to track the Wrath raids?
Nope! You answered my question perfectly. My apologies, I was just a bit confused. The new version sounds exciting and interesting! I'm just anxiously awaiting the fix for this version to work with 1.05 b3/phpbb 3.0.7-PL1, since I can't use it on my board until then. :(

Topic author
Teksonic
Portal Enthusiast

Post by Teksonic »

i'll be looking into a fix for that tomorrow. so hopefully i can get something up for you before i head back to Base. if not at most I will make sure I look at it next weekend when I get back from my field training.

Sorry normally I have more time but the army has me doing some crazy shit right now. last week i only slept a total of 5 hours and did maneuvers / training etc every other hour of the week. next week looks to be about the same. i won't even see a computer, let alone an internet connection till friday afternoon.
Guild - Iron Circle
Server - Llane

emjh

Post by emjh »

Teksonic wrote:i'll be looking into a fix for that tomorrow. so hopefully i can get something up for you before i head back to Base. if not at most I will make sure I look at it next weekend when I get back from my field training.

Sorry normally I have more time but the army has me doing some crazy shit right now. last week i only slept a total of 5 hours and did maneuvers / training etc every other hour of the week. next week looks to be about the same. i won't even see a computer, let alone an internet connection till friday afternoon.
Thank you so much for your time, Teksonic! I tried for a very long time to try to figure out something temporarily, to no avail. I hope all is well with you and thanks again for all the time you devote to this project.

emjh

Post by emjh »

hmm, nevermind. thought I had it fixed, I was wrong :(

cbadmin

Post by cbadmin »

The issue is within \portal\block\raidprogress.php

Around line 29:

Code: Select all

$phpbb_root_path = (defined('PHPBB_ROOT_PATH')) ? PHPBB_ROOT_PATH : './';
It's conflicting with the ACP redirection.

I got it to work on my site with a quick fix, by simply removing the above code completely and then within the same file replacing:

'RP_IMAGE' => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}styles/" . $user->theme['theme_path'] . "/theme/images/raid_progress/"),
With:

'RP_IMAGE' => "/styles/" . $user->theme['theme_path'] . '/theme/images/raid_progress/', 
This works for my particular installation since I use the root dir. Basically I've just manually entered where the phpbb3 installation is as opposed to having the mod try to figure it out on it's own since it's causing issues.

Depending on where you uploaded the phpbb installation, the above code could change obviously, usually to something such as:

'RP_IMAGE' => "forum/styles/" . $user->theme['theme_path'] . '/theme/images/raid_progress/', 
Entering your root dir manually and is a messy fix but it works until this gets updated.

Also, Teksonic, feel free to add us to your list of sites using RaidProgress: Curveball: http://curveballguild.com

And, thanks for all your hard work!

Topic author
Teksonic
Portal Enthusiast

Post by Teksonic »

perfect, use this fix for now if it works for you. I just got back from some intense field training so, after i get some sleep... (only been getting 45m-1h each night this last week) I will figure this shit out.

and get you added to the guild list.
Guild - Iron Circle
Server - Llane

eqsanctum
phpBB.de User: eqsanctum
phpBB.com User: eqsanctum

Post by eqsanctum »

Doesn't seem to work. I smell a fix coming *sniffsniff* :D

Topic author
Teksonic
Portal Enthusiast

Post by Teksonic »

hey guys.

seems with my lack of playing wow I missed a vault boss that was added in one of these patches. I will be updating the mod to include the new boss over the next couple days. Also i'll test everything to make sure its working properly and installing correctly.
Guild - Iron Circle
Server - Llane

Vatras

Post by Vatras »

Hi,

I have few problems with Raid Progress. I followed instructions but i didn't get icons. I checked all posts in your forum and didn't find anything that worked for me. I'm using pbwow theme and here is my website http://lost-eu.net/forums/portal.php . Also I'm trying to figure out how to get background on raid progress block (and all other blocks i have on my portal) somthing like on this website http://www.wowlofa.co.uk/ .

Best Regards

Vatras

Return to “board3 Portal v1.0.x - Modifications”