Upgrade from v1.0.2 to v1.0.5

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
ToRmEnTeD
phpBB.com User: www.ToRmEnTeD.tv

Upgrade from v1.0.2 to v1.0.5

Post by ToRmEnTeD »

Your Portal Version: v1.0.2
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner
Boardlink: http://tormented.tv

What have you done before the problem was there?
Had a great time!

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
Not a darn thing...YET!

Description and Message
I have my board running fine on v1.0.2 but i am wanting to use a couple MODS that i have found that require me to upgrade to the newest version of the portal.
My site if you would be kinds enough to take a look has a custom header and MODS installed as well. I do NOT have any help with this and I'm very much still a beginner. What i am here to ask is if i upgrade my portal will it mess up my forum?
I am using a subsilver2 type style called blackbox_red I have the phpbb gallery installed at least. I would have to recheck to see any other MODS installed.
I am MUCH more worried about messing up the work i have done on the overall_header of my forum and stuff. As this required me bugging the hell out of a lot of people for help....Still begging lol
Anyways, How dangerous to my forum is this upgrade and how much knowledge should i have to attempt the update with MODS and customizations done ?
I guess i made a mistake up top when asked my type of phpbb3 installation...i Picked standard and i guess im using the modded version because i am using the blackbox_red style ?

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Re: Upgrade from v1.0.2 to v1.0.5

Post by Marc »

Make a backup of your board files and your database. If you mess up anything, you can just put the old files and the database backup back in place.

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”