SOLVED Problem with adm/mods/board3_portal_check_version.php

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
trotskyicepick

SOLVED Problem with adm/mods/board3_portal_check_version.php

Post by trotskyicepick »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.5
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

What have you done before the problem was there?
Installed autoMOD and MOD_Version_Check.

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?

Description and Message
I am trying to install board3 v1.0.5 via autoMOD and on the point of installation an error occurs stating that board3_portal_check_version.php has a status of "error".

I have checked and board3_portal_check_version.php is located at /phpBB3/store/mods/board3_portal_105/root/adm/mods/.

I don't want to risk forcing the installation, does anybody have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks In Advance
Andrew
Last edited by trotskyicepick on 4. August 2010 12:47, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
trotskyicepick

Re: Problem with adm/mods/board3_portal_check_version.php

Post by trotskyicepick »

I gave up waiting and did a Forced Install. Now, I have the portal up and "kinda" running except for the following errors when loading http://localhost:8080/phpBB3/portal.php :

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /portal/includes/functions_version_check.php on line 38: include(./adm/mods/board3_portal_check_version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /portal/includes/functions_version_check.php on line 38: include(): Failed opening './adm/mods/board3_portal_check_version.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /portal/includes/functions_version_check.php on line 42: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'board3_portal_check_version' not found

Any ideas?

Thanks In Advance
Andrew

Topic author
trotskyicepick

Post by trotskyicepick »

OK, since I've had no response yet I decided to completely remove board3 Portal and start over again.

I have uploaded the mod using autoMOD and this was successful. Now, when I click on "install" I get the following:

styles/subsilver2/template/overall_header.html

Find

<!-- IF S_BOARD_DISABLED and S_USER_LOGGED_IN --> &nbsp;<span style="color: red;">{L_BOARD_DISABLED}</span><!-- ENDIF -->

Add Before

<!-- ENDIF -->
The Find specified by the MOD could not be found

Add After

<!-- IF not $S_IN_PORTAL or S_DISPLAY_PHPBB_MENU -->
The Find specified by the MOD could not be found

The file it is searching exists but doesn't contain the text being searched for.

Am I missing a step here? I would've thought that installing via autoMOD would be easy. Is there something I need to do "before" installing with autoMOD? Should I not install via autoMOD?

OK, have edited styles/subsilver2/template/overall_header.html to include the text being searched for and now the updates seem to go OK, but still I get an error:

SOURCE: root/adm/mods/board3_portal_check_version.php
TARGET: adm/mods/board3_portal_check_version.php

As stated previously the file is in /phpBB3/store/mods/board3_portal_105/root/adm/mods/

Desperate for some help.

Thanks

Topic author
trotskyicepick

Post by trotskyicepick »

Oh well, so much for installing via autoMOD. Did a manual install as per install.xml and now everything is working fine (except board3 is obviously not listed on the autoMOD tab).

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”