View new posts?

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
Huor
Valued Contributor

View new posts?

Post by Huor »

Deine Portal Version: 1.0.0RC3
Typ Deines phpBB Forums: Standard phpBB3
MODs installiert: Ja
Dein Wissensstand: Fortgeschritten
Link zu Deinem Forum: http://trf.mc-sig.de

PHP Version: >5
MySQL Version: >4

Was hast Du gemacht, bevor das Problem aufgetreten ist?
update from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3

Was hast Du bereits versucht um das Problem zu lösen?
nothing, as i have no clue where i have to look for...

Fehlerbeschreibung und Nachricht
After i login on the user block there is is stated how many new post have been made. So far so good. But it shows posts that are not new and that i already have been read and or have written myself.

And if I click on that link it correctly displays the number of posts that are stated there - but they are not shown as new either. So something must be wrong there - but I have no clue what...

I am not sure but with 1.0.2 i didn't had this problem.

Has anyone of you an idea - or was this reported recently?
Thanks
Huor

Topic author
Huor
Valued Contributor

Re: View new posts?

Post by Huor »

Sorry for bumping.

I had this problem again several times already. At the user menu under view new topics were listed 2. As i clicked on this link the search results in no post meat your criteria...
And well thats correct cause i don't have new posts. But wondering why there are displayed 2 - when there obviously are no new posts.

Any ideas yet?

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Post by Kevin »

This is not a bug, it's the way the count is made:

Code: Select all

WHERE t.topic_last_post_time > ' . $user->data['user_lastvisit'] . ' 
As you see it doesn't depend on read or unread, it depends on the last post time in comparison to the last visit time.

There has been several discussions about how to make the count (search for it).
Example (as i know that you speak German ;) ): viewtopic.php?p=8265#p8265
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

Topic author
Huor
Valued Contributor

Post by Huor »

Ok thanks so far. I understand this - also the German stuff ;)
But nevertheless i wonder about the following:

If only the last topic count is displayed why this links says - "View new posts" should it not be "View new topics".
And i don't understand why there was a discussion about this. Last posts are last posts and not last topics. And why i should be informed about last topics ---> this could be an additional link (for my understanding - AND PLEASE i don't want to discuss it. I take it as it is - only wondering ;) )

And what bothers me - and this is not solved by the link you posted. When there are no new posts. There is normally no new topic. Why is there displayed 2 (as example) when there are new topics for me too... When is $user->data['user_lastvisit'] updated? Maybe that seems to be faulty..

And i have chosen to post in English if this doesn't matter - cause i maybe have more audience and readers that maybe could offer a solution or tell me the facts... =)

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”