X-Treme theme edits

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
clyde4210

X-Treme theme edits

Post by clyde4210 »

On X-Treme theme could i just use the subsilver edit and install this portal on it or, would i need to follow the tags that theme uses.

phpBB3 "Olympus" 3.0.1

X-Treme green

GCypher

Re: X-Treme theme edits

Post by GCypher »

Well ive the x-treme and the portal u can check it here:
The Gathering

blargis

Post by blargis »

Are there any instructions on how to edit a style to work with the board3 portal? I have not personally tried to edit any styles yet, but from what I could tell when I installed 1.0 RC3 most changes were in the header, footer, and css files. It would be nice to have some guidelines.

Steve_B

Post by Steve_B »

Blargis , the guidelines you speak of are there , you need to load the install.xml file into your browser after extracting the zip file. That has all the instructions for you in there on how to go about putting the portal on your board :)

Hope that helps out a little

blargis

Post by blargis »

Steve_B wrote:Blargis , the guidelines you speak of are there , you need to load the install.xml file into your browser after extracting the zip file. That has all the instructions for you in there on how to go about putting the portal on your board :)
Sorry if I was not very specific. I had no trouble installing the portal. In fact, it is working beautifully. This is a fantastic portal mod for phpbb3. My question was regarding making custom styles. Prosilver is nice, but I would like to use other styles I have downloaded. Are there any tricks to using different styles?

Steve_B

Post by Steve_B »

Sorry for misunderstanding you blargis :) .

As you are more than likely aware all styles are based on either Prosilver or Subsilver2 so all you need do is work out what your preferred style is based on then apply the necessary edits as described. With some of the styles you may need to make sure that are 3.0.2 compliant and if they are not then possibly update them as some of the styles are 3.0.1 and some go back further. If you need to know what has changed in the style areas then phpbb.com is a the place to visit. In the style area on the board they have a list of the changes that have occurred with the updates, that makes it relatively easy.

Hope this is some help to you and I am glad that your portal is working well, it sure is the best for me as well :mrgreen:

blargis

Post by blargis »

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Steve_B. I am kind of new to phpbb so I am still getting use to how everything works. I still have lots of reading to do over on the phpbb3 documentation site :lol: .

Steve_B

Post by Steve_B »

Happy to help, we all started out with minimal knowledge. I know I learn something everything day :D

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”