Update from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 problem

Current Version: 2.0.2
Released: 2013-10-27
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look at the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
greybox
phpBB.com User: greybox

Update from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 problem

Post by greybox »

Your Portal Version: 3.0.11
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: No
Your knowledge: Beginner

What have you done before the problem was there?

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?

Description and Message
What is correct way to update from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 using automod? I downloaded portal 2.0.1 and click "install". Automod is unable to find a few strings like

if (!empty($_GET['style']) && $auth->acl_get('a_styles') && !defined('ADMIN_START'))
<li class="icon-home"><a href="{U_INDEX}" accesskey="h">{L_INDEX}</a> <!-- BEGIN navlinks --> <strong>&#8249;</strong>

Those strings exist in the appropriate files in forum\store\mods\board3_portal_2_0_0\_backups\ folder. I see there is update script inside board3_portal_201.zip, but the way I do it, it looks like install script doesn't know that 2.0.0 is already installed and attempts to install fresh copy instead of update.

If I uninstall 2.0.0 and install 2.0.1 from scratch, then my settings will probably be gone and I will have to reconfigure everything.

Please help!

Kirk
Dev
phpBB.de User: Kirk

Re: Update from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 problem

Post by Kirk »

Perform the update manually,open the file update.xml in the folder contrib/update_200_to_201 and follow the instructions.
Gruß Udo

Topic author
greybox
phpBB.com User: greybox

Re: Update from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 problem

Post by greybox »

Thank you.

Actually I asked this question on PHPBB forum and Marc suggested another solution using automod. Automod solution worked for me:

"You can do the following: Remove the Portal with AutoMOD but do not run the installer to uninstall it from the database. Afterwards install Board3 Portal 2.0.1 with AutoMOD and run the Installer. You should be able to choose the update to 2.0.1."

Return to “Board3 Portal 2.0.x - English Support”