Recent Posts

Current Version: 2.0.2
Released: 2013-10-27
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look at the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
bmroyer

Recent Posts

Post by bmroyer »

Your Portal Version: 2.0.1
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge
Boardlink: http://battlecows.com

MySQL Version: dunno

What have you done before the problem was there?
Messed around with the code and search numerous times on google.

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
I've researched but haven't found the part of the code that I need to edit.

Description and Message
I want to display my recent posts instead of recent topics on the portal. I need to know which file I need to edit. Would it be an html file or a php file? Or maybe both? The html file is just for the display and the php file actually does the functions right? I've been trying to get this for awhile. Also once I get this figured out I want to add the last user that posted's name below the topic title and the date/time posted on the portal.

Example:

Welcome to the Forum
bmroyer
7/11/14 @ 3:00pm

Kirk
Dev
phpBB.de User: Kirk

Re: Recent Posts

Post by Kirk »

Hi
The module LATEST_NEWS is suitable.
Gruß Udo

Topic author
bmroyer

Post by bmroyer »

That wouldn't be any different than what the recent topics are now. The point is every time there is a new "post," that topic will then be the newest one in the listview. Everytime there is a new post, it will bump the topic to the time with the most recent post.

HoodieWeather
Valued Contributor

Post by HoodieWeather »

Is there a way where users who make a reply bump that thread or post? cause it won't show on the portal part of the site, nor the non portal.. I"d like it to show others someone replied to this post. and bump it to the front of the rest of the posts

HoodieWeather
Valued Contributor

Post by HoodieWeather »

bmroyer wrote:That wouldn't be any different than what the recent topics are now. The point is every time there is a new "post," that topic will then be the newest one in the listview. Everytime there is a new post, it will bump the topic to the time with the most recent post.

Alright.. thanks.. I was hoping to have it bump replied posts. so in case like me if i commented on someones post, and forget about it for few days, at least when I get back I can see what's been posted, and oh look someone replied to my reply

Return to “Board3 Portal 2.0.x - English Support”