Moving Blocks from column to column

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
SliXie
phpBB.de User: SliXie
phpBB.com User: slixie

Moving Blocks from column to column

Post by SliXie »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.6 Engl
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: No
Your knowledge: Beginner
Boardlink: http://nerdz-guild.com

What have you done before the problem was there?
I read this knowledge base before FAQ and followed instructions but it didn't seem to work.

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?

Description and Message
I am trying to move user menu, statistics, calendar, the team, and links from the right column to the left column. I followed the instructions given to me on knowledge/kb_show.php?id=11 but being quite new to modifying it is a bit confusing than other read me files i have came across in the site.

If you notice the centre block isn't quite alligned right and only works if i remove the right column. I edited the files in root\styles\prosilver\template\portal\portal_left.html and root\styles\prosilver\template\portal\portal_right.html as well as portal.php as told to me by the instructions but nothing seems to work to have it show on the left column. Is there a better guide in moving blocks from column to column?

I think the problem im coming across is the portal.php i'm not sure where to put the code and whether to delete the old code that states the blocks are on the right column.any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”