Move items between column when grayed out?

Current Version: 2.0.2
Released: 2013-10-27
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look at the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
creativeforge
phpBB.com User: styzer

Move items between column when grayed out?

Post by creativeforge »

Your Portal Version: 2.0.2
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge
Boardlink: http://phpb3-0.forum.vi-control.net/

PHP Version: 3.0.12

What have you done before the problem was there?
The problem was always there: the options to move module Recent Posts to either left or right column was always grayed out. I can only move it up or down.

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
I duplicated the file recent_center.html and uploaded it to the same folder in subsilver2 template on server, but it's not showing in the dropdown menu.

Description and Message
Great portal, but I have a few issues right now. Hope I could really get some help here.

1- The options to move module Recent Posts to either left or right column was always grayed out. I can only move it up or down. Same with some other modules. How do you unlock these?

2- I will be using a different style as subsilver2, and need to be able to edit the css file for the Portal. Using we_clear, there was no background in the center portion, so it looked goofy. I tried to edit a lot of css files, but cold not find how to assign a background and style the center.

My client reverted to subsilver2 for now until we find a solution.

3- In the center portion, I want to create a new module that will display the content of a specific post (with post ID). This post is where my client put all the banners that will show up in the portal center portion.

Look here, this is the present site: http://www.vi-control.net/forum/portal.php

Here is the new beta site: http://phpb3-0.forum.vi-control.net/

My client NEEDS this portal to work as soon as possible. I have to have the same modules on the new site as those showing on the old.

Thank you in advance!

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Re: Move items between column when grayed out?

Post by Marc »

Moving the recent posts module to the side columns is not supported due to the space that it requires.

The same applies to other modules that do not support this.

I think we_clearblue has had some issues in the past.

Regarding point 3: As this seems to be rather static, why not create a new custom module in the ACP and add the post content there? It support BBCode just like any other post.

Topic author
creativeforge
phpBB.com User: styzer

Re: Move items between column when grayed out?

Post by creativeforge »

Hi Marc,

Thank you for the reply.

I modified the portal_recent.html and commented out // Recent announcements and // Recent hot topics.

So now only the // Recent topic (only show normal topic) are showing. It's located in the center of course, but I think it could fit the right column at this point. Since the width isn't an issue anymore, could you tell me which file to modify to make this move happen?

Many thanks!

Andre

Return to “Board3 Portal 2.0.x - English Support”