How can I add tabs in the overall header?

Please post general support questions for the phpBB3 core system on phpBB.com!
Bitte allgemeine Supportanfragen zu phpBB3 auf phpBB.de stellen!
Forum rules
Please post general support questions for the phpBB3 core system on phpBB.com!
Bitte allgemeine Supportanfragen zu phpBB3 auf phpBB.de stellen!

novanilla

Re: How can I add tabs in the overall header?

Post by novanilla »

the.ronin wrote:Thanks nova ... what I was referring to was changing the color of the menu. I know the tabs themeslves have a tab1_bg and tab2_bg (something like that) image that it uses. I can't seem to find where to change the color of the rest of the menu bar below it that has the control panel, faq, search, etc.
Oh. Happy thanksgiving, Ronin. :-)

I could be wrong, but I think bg_tabs1 and 2.gif control the tab colors in both active and inactive cases (respectively). ----- Edit 5 minutes later (gotta get better at reading): I see the nav bar color is what you're talking about. I've changed mine, but I can't remember where. I'll let you know if I run across it again. -----------------------

ALSO...
I notice your gallery script is renamed to gallery.php. Was there a lot of effort in finding the links to fix for that change?

the.ronin
Valued Contributor

Post by the.ronin »

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, chief! :D

Not trouble at all. I just opened every single php file in the gallery subfolder (not many, like 7 or something) and did a global find for "index". Also in includes/functions.php, changed the reference to index.php from gallery.php. Of course, I had to do this to do the tabs.

Yeah if you can find where that is to change the color of the navbar, that would be great.

novanilla

Post by novanilla »

Good morning, Ronin...

I went nuts looking for a LOT of changes I wanted to make, and ran across this little article:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p5292445. Raimon has laid out a lot of handy color changes, including changing the color of the navbar.

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Post by Kevin »

Sorry for the interruption, moved topic to "General phpBB3 Support", as it fits better there. ;)
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

the.ronin
Valued Contributor

Post by the.ronin »

Awesome - thanks, nova. That brings up a good knowledge base idea - showing where to change colors for all the components of phpBB.

deaftone

Post by deaftone »

Ive been trying to add the code so that the tabs would appear above my navbar.

But whenever i put the code between these lines

Code: Select all

<!-- IF not $S_IN_PORTAL or not S_DISPLAY_MAINMENU -->
      <div class="navbar">
I end up getting an error when i try to load the portal page and even the index page.

Another thing i was wondering was how do i get the navbar to show up on the portal page as well?

deaftone

Post by deaftone »

I even tried editing the different instances pointed out by the.ronin and ended up with this code:

Code: Select all

<div id="tabs">
       <ul>
             <li<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == 'portal.php' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_PORTAL}"><span>{L_PORTAL}</span></a></li>
             <li<!-- IF SCRIPT NAME == 'index.php' or SCRIPT_NAME == 'viewforum.php' or SCRIPT_NAME == 'viewtopic.php' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_INDEX}"><span>{L_INDEX}</span></a></li>
             <!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH --><li<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == 'search.php' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_SEARCH}" title="{L_SEARCH_ADV_EXPLAIN}"><span>{L_SEARCH}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
             <!-- IF S_DISPLAY_MEMBERLIST --><li<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == 'memberlist.php' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_MEMBERLIST}" title="{L_MEMBERLIST_EXPLAIN}"><span>{L_MEMBERLIST}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
             <li<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == 'faq.php' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}"><span>{L_FAQ}</span></a></li>
             <li<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == 'xxx.php' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="xxx.php" title="XXX"><span>XXX</span></a></li>
             <li<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == 'yyy.php' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="yyy.php" title="YYY"><span>YYY</span></a></li>
             <li<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == 'zzz.php' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="zzz.php" title="ZZZ"><span>ZZZ</span></a></li>
       </ul>
    </div>
Tried with that and it still didnt work. I even made sure that the code wasnt being wrapped by <!-- IF not $S_IN_PORTAL or not S_DISPLAY_MAINMENU --> but it still doesnt work. Would appreciate some help. I'm using the xabBlue theme if that helps.

odklizec
phpBB.com User: odklizec

Post by odklizec »

Great tip, thanks for it! However, does anyone tried this mod with another style than just prosilver? I just tried it with Hermes and Getaway and as you may expect, it does not work. Instead of tabs I got a vertical list of links. I added all missing activetab classes to the theme css file. So now I have vertical list of links, but still no tabs. Any idea how to persuade the navigation tabs to appear in these styles? Thank you in advance!
Ricoh Digital and Film Cameras
http://www.ricohforum.com/

odklizec
phpBB.com User: odklizec

Post by odklizec »

OK, it seems these non-prosilver styles don't have/don't like tabs, so I will have to live with just line of separated text links. In fact, it does not look that bad.
Ricoh Digital and Film Cameras
http://www.ricohforum.com/

Return to “General phpBB3 Support”