Complete beginner Question regarding your Mod

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
Jennifer Lynn
phpBB.de User: Jennifer Lynn
phpBB.com User: Darkravensor

Complete beginner Question regarding your Mod

Post by Jennifer Lynn »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.0RC3
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: No
Your knowledge: Beginner

What have you done before the problem was there?

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?

Description and Message
Hi there,

I apologize if this is in the wrong section, however it is regarding your Portal Mod. I am going to be installing Phpbb and installing mods for it. I really like your Mod and have a complete beginner question. I am reading and reading and reading all the documentation prior to beginning any installations. I have a lot more reading to do before I even begin installing PHPBB, however I want to know what I'm doing before I begin.

My question is this - I'm learning how to install Mods and this Mod is definately one that I want. Now if I want to have the English and the French language pack on my bulletin board do I download the french version from this forum instead of the one that comes with PHPBB download section. Also will other Mods from PHPBB be compatible with your Portal Mod or do I need to download special ones from your site that will be compatible?

For any questions regarding general PHPBB I will direct them to the regular forums as your rules indicate.

If this is in the wrong section, if you would kindly direct me to where I am posting, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Jennifer Lynn

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Re: Complete beginner Question regarding your Mod

Post by Marc »

You have to download the language pack from phpBB.com or phpBB.fr. The language files that come with the Board3 Portal will add the needed language variables to your forum. You can find the french language files in the "Completed Translations" forum.

As far as I know, most MODs should be compatible with Board3 Portal. Only SEO MODs will need to be adjusted to Board3 Portal, as the URLs of your forum will have to be rewritten. Since phpBB3's search indexing works pretty well, I would recommend not to use any SEO MODs, at least not the ones that rewrite the URLs of your forum. The search engine bots don't care for nice URLs anymore.

Topic author
Jennifer Lynn
phpBB.de User: Jennifer Lynn
phpBB.com User: Darkravensor

Re: Complete beginner Question regarding your Mod

Post by Jennifer Lynn »

I thank you kindly for your response and now I know how to begin.

I'm sure I will have more questions once I get started.

Thanks again,

Jennifer Lynn

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”