PayPal question

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
Bible Poet

PayPal question

Post by Bible Poet »

Hi all, I got a paypal question. I just don't know how to ask it where I can make my self clear. So I will try to do it this way.
I want to make a payment to support a pbb3 board. I sign in as Username, and click the paypal button on the portal.
and I am taken to paypal where I have to login with my real name to make the payment. Now here comes the question.
As a admin. How will I know. that Username made the payment when I recieve the payment under the real name and not the user name. Is there a way to fine out who the username is that made payment.
Thank You.

:D :D :D

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Re: PayPal question

Post by Kevin »

If i understood you correct:
You want the user name to be given to the paypal form?
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

Topic author
Bible Poet

Post by Bible Poet »

What I want to know is, if a member makes a donation. I as the admin. want to know who that member is, I may not know him or her by their real name I just might know them by the name that they reg. with. Like here I reg. as Bible Poet. but if I make a donation to this board by my real name account at paypal how will you know that it was Bible Poet that made the donation, and not my real name that you may never know.
That is my question? I hope that I explained it right . sorry if not.

Topic author
Bible Poet

Post by Bible Poet »

anybody.

Ice
Former Team Member

Post by Ice »

The current form goes straight from your portal page to paypal, without any talking to your portal. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how one would go about doing what you are asking for, sorry. :(
Board3 Portal Dev & English Tech Support

Topic author
Bible Poet

Post by Bible Poet »

Thanks Ice. I was just wondering if there could be a return from PayPal to the portal and at that point maybe a PM sent to Admin. saying that user so and so made a donation. I know that other sites after you make a paypal payment you are returned to the point where you started. It would be nice if It could be done.
Thanks again for your responce.

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”